Crispy, chewy, rich Buckeye Brownie Cookies topped with a sweetened peanut butter topping and semisweet chocolate is the perfect chocolate peanut butter combo!
A week or so ago I shared my favorite new cookie, the Crinkly Brownie Cookie and today’s recipe is its more adventurous big sister, the Buckeye Brownie Cookies. With just a few more ingredients this elevates the brownie cookie to a whole other level.
Up until the end of last year cookies were sort of hit or miss in our house. My oldest is a fan of salty/crispy/fried treats and my youngest wasn’t old enough to really eat anything other than purees. The last few months have changed everything! We are a veritable cooking making factory around here. You would think we were starting a new business, Cookie, then more Cookies and we can’t seem to keep enough of them around. When I made the brownie cookies my youngest grabbed the to go box of leftovers, cracked it open and was discovered minutes later completely COATED in chocolate
Buckeyes may sound like a funny name but its a sweetened peanut butter (usually with powdered sugar) and dipped in chocolate. Basically your own homemade version of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup half melted on top of a brownie cookie. The recipe is SUPER easy and quick, I actually use a meatballer (that name sounds awesome) to scoop the peanut butter quickly. I also usually use this for scooping cookie dough too and even falafel. The only thing I don’t normally use it for is…meatballs. Ha!
In case peanut butter and chocolate don’t do it for you, here are some other options for you:
- Crinkly Brownie Cookies
- Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Chunk Cookies
- Sprinkles Birthday Cake Cookies
- Award Winning Gingerbread Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Strawberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin M&M Cookies
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter and chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave a second time until completely melted.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the eggs and sugar.
- Add them to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Add in flour and baking powder, stir until just combined.
- Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes, preferably 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out cookie dough in 2 tablespoon sized balls.
- To measure accurately I used a coffee spoon.
- On a silpat put 6 cookies to a full cookie sheet.
- Mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar.
- In a small microwaveable bowl melt the semisweet chocolate in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture to the top of the warmed cookies and flatten slightly.
- Spoon over the melted chocolate and let cool. (I usually refrigerate them for 15 minutes)
- When they come out of the oven they will look like little mountains, but when they cool they will deflate.