Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad with just a handful of ingredients will be the most popular side dish at your summer bbq events and picnics!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is a take on one of my favorite baked pastas, Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake. This is a cold chicken and bacon pasta recipe vs the warm baked version with all that delicious cheese.
Many pasta salads are made with mayo or with a mix of mayo and ranch dip dressing. This pasta salad is made with ranch dressing instead (even lite ranch tastes great in this recipe). This pasta salad is so easy and quick to make you’ll love adding it to your menus.
While this recipe is absolutely delicious cold, you can certainly microwave the bowl and serve it warm for dinner too. This recipe is not only for the bbq and summer. The cheddar cheese will melt and help meld all the flavors together.
The best part about this pasta salad is how incredibly easy it is to put together. Don’t question if that means it won’t be as delicious as a more difficult to make one. There really isn’t a weak link in this salad. Cream cheese? Cheddar Cheese? Chicken? Bacon? Pasta? Ranch?! It could only be better if served in a giant garlic bread boat (wow, I need to eat a vegetable to get these thoughts out of my head!).
Looking for more pasta salad recipes?
- Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Mexican Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
- 10 Minute Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Yield: 16 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American-Italian
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese diced finely in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 pound cooked fusilli pasta
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts open, cutting them to be the same shape but half as thick.
- Add salt and pepper to the chicken breasts.
- Add canola oil to your large skillet and heat on high heat.
Add to the pan and sear for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and cook on the other side.
- Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Chop the chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese and ranch dressing and mix well.
- Add the chicken bacon, cheddar cheese, ranch dressing and pasta.
Toss together until well coated.
Yield: 16 servings, Amount per serving: 306 calories, Calories: 306g, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 14g, Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 474mg, Potassium: 178mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 5.1g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 11.8g, Iron: 4.1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.