Garlic Shrimp Dip is a creamy, savory dip that’s perfect to serve at parties. Made with shrimp, cream cheese, mozzarella, and lemon juice.
This easy Garlic Shrimp Dip is the perfect Party Appetizer or Side Dish. Put it out in a serving bowl with your crispy dippers. If you’re serving a big crowd, you can always whip up other favorite dip recipes like Queso Dip and Jalapeno Popper Dip.
Garlic Shrimp Dip is one of those easy recipes that you’ll find yourself turning to over and over again. It’s an easy combination of chopped shrimp, mayonnaise, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper. The buttery shrimp bakes with the shredded mozzarella and other creamy ingredients for a thick, rich, easy, hot dip recipe.
Once you’ve baked the creamy, cheesy perfection together you can transfer the mixture to a large bowl for serving appetizers. If you’re serving the Garlic Shrimp Dip for a holiday, potluck or party, put it out with other family-friendly recipes like Bacon Brown Sugar Smokies, Buffalo Chicken Dip, and Sausage Rolls.
Large Batch of Shrimp Dip
Typically this delicious shrimp recipe is baked in a large skillet. If you’re serving an extra big crowd, you can always double up the recipe, and cook it in a baking dish for more space. You could also separate it into a few small baking dishes so you can put the dishes on different tables at a party.
Garlic Shrimp Dip is especially delicious and flavorful when it’s made with fresh shrimp, but you can also use frozen shrimp. Just make sure to let the shrimp thaw out before cooking it for the recipe.
You’ll need to devein and peel the whole shrimps to use them in the recipe.
- Start by taking the head off the shrimp, then peel off the outer shell from the head down.
- To devein the shrimp cut a small slit down its back and remove the black vein with the point of the knife.
- Once that’s done you can chop the shrimp, and cook up the diced shrimp for the recipe. The deveined cooked shrimp makes the perfect flavor-packed treat to mix in the creamy dip.
More Delicious Appetizers
Frequently Asked Questions About Garlic Shrimp Dip
Prepare the Dip recipe according to the instructions, but don’t put it in the oven. Cover the pan and put it in fridge over night, then bake it in the oven the next day. If you don’t want to refrigerate your pan you can transfer the cooked shrimp into a baking dish and assemble the dip, cover, then refrigerate for baking the next day.
If you have leftover Shrimp Dip allow it to cool, then place it in the fridge, covered. It will be best reheated in the oven at 350 degrees until warm.
Lemon is frequently used with seafood dishes, even in appetizers like this Dip. Lemon pairs nicely with seafood because it brightens up the natural, salty, savory flavors that comes with most seafood.
How to Make Garlic Shrimp Dip
- Prep: Preheat the oven and heat the oil in a skillet. Cook the shrimp until pink.
- Mix: Add the garlic, salt, pepper, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mozzarella, and lemon juice. Mix together and top with shaved parmesan.
- Bake: Bake in the oven until browned on top.
How to Serve Garlic Shrimp Dip
Garlic Shrimp Dip would be a hit at any potluck. Bring it to a holiday, or party you’re invited to for a tasty addition to the day. It makes an outstanding addition to your game day food table. The Dip is also a satisfying appetizer before dinner. There are so many delicious dippers you can serve with Garlic Shrimp Dip. Put the dip out in a large bowl at your next party with assorted dippers for guests to choose from.
- Chips: Try simple tortilla chips, Easy Pita Chips, plantain chips, or Fritos.
- Crackers: You can use Ritz crackers, wheat thins, or club crackers.
- Bread: The dip will also taste amazing with crusty bread like toasted French Bread or Garlic Bread.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Variations on Garlic Shrimp Dip
- Mayonnaise: Instead of mayonnaise you can use sour cream or light sour cream in the Garlic Shrimp Dip recipe.
- Vegetables: For some extra veggies, mix in sliced green onions, bell peppers, and cucumber.
- Flavorings: To add some more flavors, try mixing in seasonings like fresh parsley, old bay seasoning, garlic salt, Creole seasoning, or Cajun seasoning. To make Spicy Shrimp dip mix in some red pepper flakes or hot sauce.
- Cheese: Add some extra cheese along with the mozzarella and Parmesan for an extra cheesy mixture. You could add shredded gouda cheese, cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, or Pimento cheese for great flavor.
More Shrimp Recipes
How to Store Garlic Shrimp Dip
- Serve: Don’t leave this Baked Shrimp Dip at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: To store Garlic Shrimp Dip cover it or seal it in an airtight container to keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freeze: Unfortunately, Shrimp Dip won’t freeze well, so it’s better just to make fresh after 3 days.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp , peeled and deveined and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese , shaved
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add in the shrimp and cook until pink, 30 seconds on each side.
- Mix in the garlic, salt, pepper, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mozzarella, and lemon juice and top with shaved parmesan.
- Baked for 25-30 minutes until browned.