Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce sounds daunting to most but it is actually a really quick ten minute recipe that results in the most indulgent, delicious, buttery and salty caramel sauce you have ever tasted!
Tomorrow is the day all of these recent dessert recipes (Banana Muffins, Dark Chocolate Ice Cream, Dark Chocolate Magic Shell Ice Cream Bar) come together to form the most amazing, wonderfully magical dessert ever! One last sneak peek before tomorrow’s unveiling… I think food is meant to be fun and playful while being delicious. I cook healthy meals for the family every day (well, all day every day is more like it!) and sometimes you need to just make something that puts a smile on your face. That is how I feel about the desserts we eat. They’re for your soul and your eyes as well as your tummies. I hope these recipes make you think “Oh my goodness, I NEED that!” and then you venture into the kitchen to make something new and delicious! This caramel sauce is just one more of those things that you see someone pour over a dessert and you immediately want some too. Give this recipe a shot, you will be shocked how easy this salted caramel sauce is to make!
Combine the sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan. Cook on medium high heat, stirring constantly, It will be a white color at first.
Then it will turn a light caramel.
Once it is caramel colored at the butter and whisk.
It will violently boil, it is okay! Add the milk and stir until smooth and combined. Add sea salt.
Let cool, then serve this salted caramel sauce on favorite desserts and garnish with a bit more sea salt! Like this Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookie Pie!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup (I use a homemade variety from this recipe)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (plus more for sprinkling)
- Combine the sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan.
- Cook on medium high heat, stirring constantly,
- It will be a white color at first.
- Then it will turn a light caramel.
- Once it is caramel colored at the butter and whisk.
- It will violently boil, it is okay!
- Add the milk and stir until smooth and combined.
- Add sea salt.
- Let cool, serve on favorite desserts and garnish with a bit more sea salt!