Sheet Pan Apple Crisp is sweet, tart, and spiced topped off with a delicious oat crumble. It’s the perfect treat to feed a crowd.
If you’ve tried our regular Apple Crisp Recipe then you know just how delicious this baked apple Dessert Recipe is. I put together this recipe because I wanted an easy way to share that dessert with a big group when family comes into town. Making it in a sheet pan makes this dish wonderfully easy and shareable.
SHEET PAN APPLE CRISP
The apple filling in an Apple Crisp recipe is similar to an Apple Pie. The difference is instead of having to bake it in a pie crust, you top it off with a simple brown sugar and old fashioned oats topping. The crisp, crumb topping is easy to make and goes perfectly with the gooey apple filling.
Baked apples are the ultimate Fall and Winter treat. When you want a flavorful and comforting dessert, it’s impossible to go wrong with an easy Apple Crisp. It’s filled with warm flavor from the cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar that blends perfectly with the tart apples.
Apple Crisp is definitely a recipe that begs to be served with ice cream. For the ultimate treat top the warm crisp off with Vanilla Ice Cream. If you want even more sweetness put out a bowl of Caramel Sauce for everyone to drizzle over the top.
MORE APPLE RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING SHEET PAN APPLE CRISP
- Prep: To start the recipe preheat oven and spray your baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Then core and slice the medium baking apples into thin apple wedges.
- Apple filling; Add the apples, orange juice, ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a mixing bowl. Spread the apple mixture out evenly over the baking sheet. Cover the sheet in tin foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Crumb topping: Make the oat mixture while the apples bake. Combine the flour, ¾ cup sugar, ¾ cup brown sugar, salt, and oats in a bowl. Mash together until they form into crumbs.
- Bake: Remove the foil from the apples and sprinkle the crisp topping over the top. Put it back in the oven for 18-20 minutes until crisp bakes to golden brown bubbly perfection.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON SHEET PAN APPLE CRISP
- Fruit add-ins: Add some extra flavor with different fruits like cranberries, strawberries, or raspberries. You could also add a little extra citrus flavor with orange zest or fresh lemon juice.
- Apples: Granny Smith Apples are the typical choice for baking, but you could also use Fuji, Honeycrisp, or Jonagold.
- Gluten-free: If you want a gluten-free crisp exchange the all-purpose flour for almond, oat, or coconut flour. You should also check the oat label to make sure there’s no cross-contamination.
- Nuts: Add toasted nuts for some crunch. Walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts would mix nicely with the rest of the recipe.
MORE EASY FRUIT DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE SHEET PAN APPLE CRISP
- Serve: To keep your Apple Crisp recipe fresh, don’t leave it at room temperature for more than a couple of hours at a time.
- Store: Let the crisp cool down, then you can cover it in tin foil or transfer it to an airtight container to store in the fridge. It will stay good for about 3 days.
- Freeze: Frozen Apple Crisp can stay good for up to 3 months. Thaw the crisp in the fridge, and then reheat it in the microwave or oven.
- 2 pounds Fuji or Granny Smith apples , peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup rolled oats , not instant
- 1/2 pound cold unsalted butter , diced
- Preheat to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with baking spray.
- In a large bowl add the apple slices, orange juice, ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spread the apples over the baking sheet evenly, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the apples are cooking, make the crisp topping.
- Mash together the flour, ¾ cup sugar, ¾ cup brown sugar, salt, oats, and butter.
- Remove foil cover when apples are done cooking, top the apples evenly with oat crumb topping.
- Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes until crispy, slightly golden brown, and bubbling.