Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls are the perfect party appetizer or after school treat your family and friends will love and they take just a few minutes to prepare.
Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
Party foods are a great easy way to have fun with your recipes and Egg Rolls can be a great handheld party food option. Of course we have the classic options of Egg Rolls and Spring Rolls on the site along with Potstickers and Crab Rangoon if you are looking for a traditional Dim Sum recipe. These Pizza Egg Rolls are more like Totino’s Pizza Bites!
This isn’t the first time we’ve done fun egg roll recipes on the site. We also have Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls, Korean Ground Beef Egg Rolls, and Cheesecake Factory Tex Mex Egg Rolls (Copycat) and they’re all really popular recipes on the site (especially the Philly Egg Rolls!).
The best thing about this recipe? It takes no time at all. We like to prep these pizza egg rolls when we buy wrappers in bulk. Here is how it usually goes for us. We do a major shopping trip to a local Asian grocery store. I buy a giant box of egg roll wrappers. I spend 2 hours making all my favorite fillings and filling them while catching up on my DVR. Then I usually have about half a box of wrappers left over.
This is where it gets to be fun. You open your fridge and you begin to come up with ideas. Where do you think the Korean Ground Beef Egg Rolls came from? And let me tell you, now I cook it just for the egg rolls we love them so much.
So the idea is, you can make these quickly, you can freeze them ahead and you can fry or bake them off when you’d like to enjoy them in the future.
How to make Egg Rolls:
- Prepare your filling.
- Add Filling to the Egg Roll in a straight line, leaving an inch all around the filling.
- Fold in the sides of the wrapper and roll closed.
- Water on the lining will create a seal.
- Avoid air bubbles in your egg rolls as they will cause egg rolls to burst.
- Freeze in a single layer on your baking sheet.
- Place in an airtight ziplock or other container and keep frozen until ready to fry or bake.
What to serve with Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls:
Fun Egg Roll Filling Ideas:
- Combo Pizza Egg Rolls: Chopped Pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, olives, mozzarella, marinara, Italian seasoning, cooked sausage.
- Taco Egg Rolls: Cooked Taco meat (cook in larger crumbles), salsa, cubed cheddar – optional olives, corn, black beans.
- Breakfast Egg Rolls: Barely cooked scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar, bacon or sausage with any other mix-ins you’d like.
- Dessert Cheesecake Egg Rolls: 1 package cream cheese, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1/2 cup sugar mixed well topped with pie filling frozen at least 45 minutes before frying.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls: Use my Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes as a filling.
- Sloppy Joe Egg Roll: Use my classic Ultimate Sloppy Joes as a filling and add cubes of cheddar with it.
- Spinach Artichoke Egg Rolls: Use this Ultimate Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe but add it in cold so it holds it’s shape better.
Pepperoni Pizza Egg Rolls
- Yield: 24 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Mix together the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, marinara sauce, crushed red pepper and Italian seasoning in a medium sized bowl.
Put about two tablespoons of filling into the middle of each egg roll wrapper, then brush the edges of the egg roll with water, fold in the sides and roll closed.
Add 3 inches of vegetable oil to a dutch oven and heat to 375 degrees with a thermometer and fry the egg rolls for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 24 servings, Amount per serving: 141 calories, Calories: 141g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 7g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 371mg, Potassium: 59mg, Vitamin A: 135g, Vitamin C: 0.2g, Calcium: 104g, Iron: 0.7g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.