Bacon Blue Cheese Caramelized Onion Tart with just five ingredients total, it is the perfect easy appetizer for a party that can be prepped and frozen ahead of time so you can just bake right before your party!
Just keep saying Bacon Blue Cheese Caramelized Onion Tart to yourself and 1o minutes! This tart is gorgeous, delicious and easy to make in just a few minutes. There isn’t a single weak link in this recipe either.
- Blue Cheese? YES! And thank you to Litehouse, Inc. and Simply Artisan Reserve for sponsoring this delicious post! I add it to the tart before AND after baking so you get delicious caramelized blue cheese and creamy cool freshly added blue cheese in the same bite
- Bacon? Yes please!
- Caramelized Onions?
- Cream Cheese?
- Buttery, flaky, puff pastry?
One of my favorite things about the Simply Artisan Reserve™ Simple Seasons™ Blue Cheese Shaker (or the Feta flavor they also make) is the ease with which you can use it! I shook some on our Roasted Brussels Sprouts and roasted sweet potatoes with cranberries too over Thanksgiving.
It is also perfect for pastas, salads (like my favorite salad ever, Cobb) and soups. It helps give you a bit of portion control too in case maybe you’re like me and wore stretchy pants to Thanksgiving dinner. 😉
The jar is also pretty nice because it’s glass and the top has a shaker have and a pourable half so you can decide how much you’d like to add at once.
The best part of this Bacon Blue Cheese Caramelized Onion Tart is when I used to make these for client events (in all different flavors) I would make a giant batch ahead of time and freeze the rectangles. Then at the event I could line up the rectangles on a bunch of cookie sheets and bake them off so I could get a quick passed appetizer out within minutes. This is one of the few recipes I think actually benefits from being frozen. With no sensitive to frost ingredients and puff pastry being in its best form frozen thanks to the butter being colder, this is a perfect make ahead appetizer.
Here’s a quick and easy video for you of how quick and easy this Bacon Blue Cheese Caramelized Onion Tart is:
If you are going to freeze the Bacon Blue Cheese Caramelized Onion Tart just stop after assembly and before baking and freeze completely on a baking sheet. Then you can stack them with layers of parchment paper in between so they don’t stick and you don’t get blue cheese on the bottoms of the pieces on top.
Feeling festive or craving this Bacon Blue Cheese Caramelized Onion Tart? Enter the #TisTheSeasonsPromo Social Media Photo Contest! From now until December 5, 2017 share your favorite holiday food on Facebook or Instagram using #TisTheSeasonsPromo for a chance to win $500 for your family, as well as a $500 donation to a charity of your choice.
- ½ puff pastry sheet (cut in half lengthwise to make two rectangles)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup caramelized onions
- ⅓ cup crisp bacon, cut into small ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup Blue Cheese Simple Seasons
- chopped parsley, for garnish (optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay the two rectangles of puff pastry onto a silicone baking mat or on an oiled baking sheet.
- Spread with cream cheese, leave ½ inch border all around the edges.
- Spread caramelized onions over the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle on the bacon and shake on half the Blue Cheese Simple Seasons.
- shake on blue cheese crumbles
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle with the remaining blue cheese and parsley (if desired) and serve in slices or wedges.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Litehouse, Inc. and Simply Artisan Reserve.