10-Minute Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad is so quick to make and so delicious you will put this cold pasta salad into your regular rotation for lunches, parties, picnics and bbqs!
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
This delish cold pasta salad comes together in just minutes with just 6 ingredients! Cold chicken breast, Caesar dressing, croutons, Parmesan cheese and romaine lettuce are all you need to enjoy this perfect summer side dish. There isn’t a whole lot to this cold pasta salad recipe, but it is a fan favorite. We make this chicken caesar pasta salad for every party we host, and it is routinely one of the first items to be completely eaten.
Also, don’t be put off by the pre-made dressing. I know I tend not to use such items, but in this case, it is fresher and higher quality than most. (No sponsored post here, I just love certain refrigerated dressings and the Litehouse Caesar dressing is a fantastic prepared option).
A Cold Pasta Salad You can Warm up? Yep.
Meant to be eaten cold, this chicken caesar pasta salad can also be eaten warmed up. Yeah, I have been known to microwave it so the Parmesan cheese melts together. Uh huh, and guess what? The dressing is amazing warm too.
Recently I posted a Baked Chicken Caesar Pasta with a buttery cracker crust that we make often. I also mentioned that there was a cold version of the dish that is a regular in our rotation, and is so easy to make that we love making it for any occasion — this is it! We also love other cold pasta salads like Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad and Antipasto Pasta Salad.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad Topping Ideas:
- Buttery Crisp Topping: Add the buttery cracker crust instead of croutons.
- Cheesy Chicken Caesar Pasta: Skip the romaine lettuce and croutons and microwave. Crumble croutons over it.
- Brighten the flavors: Squeeze of lemon juice to brighten flavors!
- More Protein Options: Swap out the chicken for steak or shrimp!
- Grilled Salad: Add grilled romaine lettuce and charred lemons (this is SO flavorful!)
Homemade Caesar Dressing Recipe:
Add all the ingredients to a small food processor until smooth and creamy.
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into quarters
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Course: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and cut into chunks
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 6 ounces Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups caesar dressing
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Cook pasta in salted water for one minute less than the directions on the box.
Let cool slightly for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the dressing, chicken, cheese and black pepper (to taste).
- Toss together, top with croutons and Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 8 Servings, Amount per serving: 618 calories, Calories: 618g, Carbohydrates: 48g, Protein: 29g, Fat: 34g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 68mg, Sodium: 971mg, Potassium: 460mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 3270g, Vitamin C: 2.2g, Calcium: 302g, Iron: 2.1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.
This post was originally published on August 18, 2015