Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole with no canned products is the perfect one pan meal with a creamy sauce and crispy topping your whole family will enjoy.
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is the perfect one pan meal that will have your whole family enjoying a warm, filling, healthy meal together and with such an easy recipe you’ll appreciate the break from all the holiday cooking you’ve been doing!
Plus just look at this glorious pan of food, I think everyone at the table will absolutely love this meal! This post is generously sponsored by Minute® Rice, a product I absolutely love to keep on hand for quick and easy meals. I always keep a box of it in the pantry and because the time it takes to prepare is so minimal it is perfect for a meal like this one where you take some cooked chicken you have, add in some broccoli and make a sauce that takes just a few minutes while the minute rice is cooking. One of my favorite things about this Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is how incredibly warm and cozy this meal is. And if I am enjoying leftovers or a midnight bite in peace, I’ve been known to sit on the couch with a cereal bowl full of the casserole and a blanket while watching television. This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is an easy dish made with Minute® White Rice which takes just five minutes to cook before going into the recipe. Want a quick video to see how easy it is?
The rice is not processed, just pre-cooked long grain white rice. It’s fat-free, non-gmo, gluten, MSG and preservative free and is grown in the US. Basically it is the classic white rice you’re used to but without the 20 minute cooking time! If you’re looking for an easy meal that will keep your whole family, warm, full and happy I think you’re going to be thrilled with this Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. It also freezes well if you freeze before the baking. I just keep the crunchy topping in a little sandwich bag on top before wrapping in foil.
When you’re ready to cook, defrost the night before in you refrigerator, sprinkle with the topping and bake it off!
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken (2-3 chicken breasts)
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups buttery crackers, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the butter to a large oven safe pan and when melted whisk in the flour.
- Once the flour is completely mixed with the butter, pour in the milk slowly and whisk.
- Let reduce on medium heat until the milk is slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes
- While the milk is reducing add the crushed buttery crackers to the melted butter in a small bowl.
- Add in the cheese salt and pepper and whisk until fully combined.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the rice, broccoli and chicken.
- Top with the buttery cracker mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.