Rich Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake made with Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread, a chocolate cookie crust and a thick, glossy chocolate ganache.
Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake covered in an amazingly thick and rich chocolate ganache is pretty much the best dessert I’ve ever made – this according to my husband who loves chocolate and cheesecake above all else. So when Chocmeister/Peanut Butter and Co. reached out to me to be a brand ambassador and create a recipe for their new Chocmeister Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread I was completely honored (plus I shamelessly angled for some of their peanut butter too because we’ve been addicted to it for over five years).
This Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake is thick, rich, not overly sweet and a showstopper of a dessert. It looks like it was made in a bakery or your favorite fast casual restaurant, but if you follow this recipe you’ll be pleasantly surprised with how amazing it turns out. Heck, you may even want to invite some people over and charge them $8.95 a slice it will look so professional.
- Totally rich and delicious, with the familiar chocolate hazelnut spread taste you’re used to…except healthier!
Chocmeister is made with 25% less sugar than the leading brand of chocolate hazelnut spreads.
It has double the protein of the leading brand of chocolate hazelnut spreads.
Tastes great on whole grain toast & bagels, with fruit like bananas & strawberries or in your favorite cookie or brownie recipe.
- Most importantly, for a dark chocolate fiend like me, it comes in DARK CHOCOLATE too!
- Oh, and I totally did you all a favor and made this recipe call for the exact amount in one jar, so go ahead and get two, that way you can snack while baking. Did I mention it comes in dark chocolate too?
- 36 chocolate wafer cookies , finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups Chocmeister® Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk or semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl add the chocolate wafer cookie crumbs with melted butter.
- Press onto bottom of springform pan and up the sides by an inch or so (a ½ cup measuring cup normally works great for tamping down the crust and pressing it against the sides).
- In a small bowl melt your chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments (took me two times) and stir until fully melted.
- In your stand mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed until completely smooth (lumps are your enemy here).
- Add in the milk, eggs, melted chocolate and sour cream and turn on stand mixer on medium speed until well combined.
- Add in the Chocmeister® Milk Chocolatey Hazelnut Spread and vanilla and combine again on medium speed.
- Add in the cocoa powder and flour and combine until the flour is just absorbed.
- Using a spatula, add the filling carefully into the crust.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, until the center is just barely jiggly.
- Turn the oven off, open it an inch (where is naturally sits open, but not all the way) and let it cool completely.
- Being gentle with the change in temperature will prevent cracking the top.
- Once completely cooled you can store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make the ganache, add the 1 cup of milk or semisweet chips to a microwave safe bowl with the ¾ cup heavy cream and microwave for one minute.
- Let sit untouched for 2 minutes, then whisk to combine.
- Pour over the whole cheesecake or slices.
- Optionally garnish with chopped hazelnuts, more crushed cookies and chopped chocolate disks.