Creamy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes and Spinach made in one pan and in less than 45 minutes so you can enjoy it during the week as the weather cools down.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes and Spinach is the perfect one pan meal that you can make in less than an hour and with just a handful of ingredients.
One pan meals are really popular for us during the week because the less the cleanup, the sooner the bedtime routine can begin. This Creamy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chicken is full of spinach and sweet potatoes to help round out the meal, and with a small side salad you’re getting a meal full of flavor with the healthier additions of spinach and sweet potatoes.
This delicious dish for the cooling weather was made in partnership with Foster Farms, who generously sponsored this post (yes I <3 them and love using their products) and I couldn’t be happier to create a dish that keeps the comfort of a warm hearty dish while adding fresh and healthier twists to the recipe.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes can certainly be made with some alternate greens and vegetables:
- Swap spinach for kale or Brussels sprouts or zucchini.
- Swap the sweet potatoes for your favorite classic potato variety, carrots, parsnips, turnips or your favorite hard winter squash.
Bowl food is just the epitome of the #NewComfortFood – using healthier recipes with premium, fresh ingredients.
I’m thrilled to be working with Foster Farms again, as their Simply Raised chicken is locally grown with no antibiotics ever and you can feel great about serving it to your family.
Once you add the chicken back into the pan, you can actually finish cooking the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes on your stovetop too.
I add it to the oven because I love trapping the heat on all sides and crisping up the skin.
I find on the stovetop your skin will get a bit steamier than it does in the oven. Another positive to adding your pan to the oven is you can set it and forget it, not worrying about anyone wandering near the stovetop as you finish getting ready for dinner.
This is totally not a requirement for the dish, but you can take the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes over the edge with a handful of shaved Parmesan cheese getting sprinkled over the top.
Once out of the oven, I normally give the chicken five to then minutes to cool before serving it up.
- 6 bone-in, skin-on Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 large sweet potatoes , diced
- 12 garlic cloves , chopped
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- shaved Parmesan , for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a heavy pan or cast iron skillet heat on high.
- Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and place the Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs skin side down and sear until browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- Flip the chicken to the other side and cook another 4-6 minutes.
- Remove to a plate and drain off all but a few tablespoons of fat.
- Add in the sweet potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes or until just barely browned.
- Add in the garlic and spinach and cook until spinach is just wilted.
- Add in the broth, half and half and grated Parmesan to the pan and stir to combine.
- Nestle the chicken, skin side up back into the pan (try not to put it on top of the sweet potatoes)
- Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
I mean…look at that glorious bowl of Creamy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes…
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken.