One Minute Brown Rice Risotto
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
One Minute Brown Rice Risotto with garlic, peas and lemon makes the perfect on the go meal that feels like you spent all day in the kitchen in just one minute in the microwave.
One Minute Brown Rice Risotto combines Minute® Ready to Serve Rice, who was generous enough to sponsor this post, with just a few pantry ingredients to turn your work lunch or quick last minute meal into something you’ll crave every day! In just 60 seconds you have a creamy cheesy lemon garlic quick risotto with peas. The easiest part is that you can pack your mix-ins ahead so lunch is as quick as combining the two and microwaving.
Here are some extra mix-in ideas for your One Minute Brown Rice Risotto that all start with a 2 tablespoons of heavy cream or half and half as the base:
- corn, black beans, cayenne and jack cheese
- pesto, grape tomatoes (cut in half you don’t want them to burst in the microwave), fresh mozzarella
- diced mushrooms, thyme, garlic, Parmesan
- caramelized onions, pancetta or bacon (cubed), provolone
- cut shrimp, garlic, frozen spinach (chopped), Parmesan, crushed red peppers
The rule of thumb is try not to add more than 4 or 5 tablespoons of total ingredients to the cups (in addition to the heavy cream). There’s only so much space in the cups.
If you don’t have the cups of Minute Rice, you can also use Minute Whole Grain Brown Rice. It cooks in just ten minutes. Portion out a cup of it and mix with the ingredients in a small covered container. When you’re ready for lunch, microwave for one minute uncovered and enjoy your delicious meal!
The “recipe” for One Minute Brown Rice Risotto is almost too easy. Just add all the ingredients into the cup of rice and microwaved uncovered for one minute:
Wait just a few seconds, stir and enjoy your creamy, cheesy One Minute Brown Rice Risotto:
One Minute Brown Rice Risotto
- 1 cup Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (half and half would be OK)
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons peas
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Stir all the ingredients together carefully and microwave for one minute.
- If you are taking this on the go, pack the heavy cream, Parmesan, peas and garlic in a small covered container and refrigerate until needed.
- Add in to the cup just before microwaving.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.