Oreo Churros are crispy, tender, perfectly chocolate-y with Oreo filling whipped cream dip for dunking.
We also enjoyed Oreo Popcorn I posted about last week and is now one of the few ways we enjoy popcorn in our house because it is just…that…good.
The Oreo Churros were really easy to make but I did also plan a bit ahead. The batter comes together pretty quickly with just a few ingredients, a pot and a whisk. I made the churro batter a couple of days before the party and froze them on a tray. This made them totally a cinch to make and they held together PERFECTLY. I mean, c’mon look at that beautiful Oreo Churro!
Tools used in making this recipe:
Wilton Star Tip: This tip makes your classic churro shape.
Wilton Decorating Bags: Disposable, easy and sturdy. Ziploc bags may burst so use something stronger like these bags.
Oil Thermometer: Easy to ensure your oil is at the right temperature.
- 36 Oreos
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar , divided (⅓ cup for batter, 2/3 cup to roll churros in)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Separate the cookies and the filling into two bowls.
- Process the cookies to a fine crumb in your food processor.
- In a pot, add water, butter, ⅓ cup sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour and Oreo crumbs.
- Whisk together until fully combined.
- Add two eggs and whisk together again.
- In a piping bag with a large star tip, pipe 5 inch sections onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze completely (or a minimum of 2 hours) to preserve the shape and help the frying look perfect.
- When you're ready to fry them, heat 2 inches of oil in your large pot to 350 degrees.
- Add them in batch to the oil and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- In a shallow bowl add 2/3 cup sugar.
- Drain the oil from the churros and roll in sugar.
- Add the heavy cream to your stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Melt the Oreo filling for 10 seconds to soften.
- Whisk until peaks form and add in the Oreo filling.
- Whisk on high until filling is incorporated completely.
- Refrigerate whipped cream until you are ready to serve.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.