Some people spend hours on Sundays making delicious tomato sauces and braised meats. We wind completely down on Sundays and make quick, simple dinners so we can rest for every last second of the weekend before our hectic week start up again. Carrots are so popular in our house that we buy 10 pounds of them at a time. Between snacking and roasting, they usually barely last a week.
I hesitate to even refer to this dish as a recipe. It is more a couple of quick tips to a nice side dish.
We start by peeling and slicing 2 pounds of carrots. Mince 3 cloves of garlic and a 1/2 inch knob of ginger. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and toss with 2 tablespoons of canola oil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Roasted Ginger and Garlic Carrots
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Author: Dinner, then Dessert
- 2 pounds of carrots
- 3 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger , minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and cut 2 pounds of carrots into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Add the 3 cloves of garlic and a 1/2 inch knob of ginger.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and toss with 2 tablespoons of canola oil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Put carrots on cookie sheet in a single layer and roast for 25 minutes, or until slightly browned.
Yield: 0 Serves 8, Amount per serving: calories
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.Save Recipe