Slow Cooker Candied Cinnamon Pecans are a total breeze to make and will leave your house smelling absolutely delicious! Plus they double as amazing holiday gifts you can make in bulk!
I’ve made many different flavored nuts in the slow cooker in the past but these Slow Cooker Candied Cinnamon Pecans have been the runaway hit of the bunch.
The only two things about the recipe that I will caution you against changing:
- Make sure you whisk the egg whites until you see lots of little frothy bubbles.
- Make sure you add the water, stir well and let cook the last thirty minutes.
The reason you don’t want to skip this step is it will result in these gorgeous shiny, glassy candied pecans:
With just a few minutes of prep (we’re talking throwing a few ingredient in a bowl here and a quick whisk) you’ll create a fabulous snack and gift your friends will adore!
I can also tell you, if you were to buy these in the store you’d pay 3 to 4 times more than the cost of just buying the pecan halves.
Long story short, make these Slow Cooker Candied Cinnamon Pecans, you won’t regret it!
Tools used in the making of these Slow Cooker Candied Cinnamon Pecans:
4 Qt Slow Cooker: A perfect size to make this recipe and still have room to stir.
Baking Sheet: These are the perfect place to cool the pecans, or you can use some foil lined on the counter and sprayed with some nonstick cooking spray.
Mason Jars: I LOVE giving these as gifts to friends, I fill up these mason jars with the nuts and tie a little card to it with twine that has the recipe printed on it and a little holiday note.
Colored Twine: I am obsessed with all different colors of this twine and keep it on hand for all occasions/holidays. Green and red twines are easy enough options for the Christmas season and it is even cuter if you use two strands instead of one.
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup Water
- Canola oil spray
- In a medium sized bowl add the egg whites and vanilla together and whisk until frothy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the pecans.
- Add in the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with canola oil spray.
- Add the pecan mixture to the slow cooker on low for 3 hours.
- Stir every hour and when the nuts are a half an hour away from done pour in the water and stir one final time.
- To ensure crispy exteriors spread the nuts out on a baking sheet to cool.