One Minute Brown Rice Risotto with garlic, peas and lemon makes the perfect on the go meal that feels like you spent all day in the kitchen in just one minute in the microwave.
One Minute Brown Rice Risotto combines Minute® Ready to Serve Rice, who was generous enough to sponsor this post, with just a few pantry ingredients to turn your work lunch or quick last minute meal into something you’ll crave every day! In just 60 seconds you have a creamy cheesy lemon garlic quick risotto with peas. The easiest part is that you can pack your mix-ins ahead so lunch is as quick as combining the two and microwaving.
March is National Nutrition Month, which is a topic of huge importance in our household. We spent a portion of the last month testing healthy recipes like this one. The recipes you see go back and forth from sinful to healthy and balance is something we are always looking for. Outside of the occasional chocolate cookies, we tend to use simple, natural whole ingredients, so the fact that that Minute Rice is non-GMO (which is new for Minute Rice) and gluten-free made me feel like it was a great fit for family and for friends (aka, you guys 🙂 ).
Here are some extra mix-in ideas for your One Minute Brown Rice Risotto that all start with a 2 tablespoons of heavy cream or half and half as the base:
- corn, black beans, cayenne and jack cheese
- pesto, grape tomatoes (cut in half you don’t want them to burst in the microwave), fresh mozzarella
- diced mushrooms, thyme, garlic, Parmesan
- caramelized onions, pancetta or bacon (cubed), provolone
- cut shrimp, garlic, frozen spinach (chopped), Parmesan, crushed red peppers
The rule of thumb is try not to add more than 4 or 5 tablespoons of total ingredients to the cups (in addition to the heavy cream). There’s only so much space in the cups.
If you don’t have the cups of Minute Rice, you can also use Minute Whole Grain Brown Rice. It cooks in just ten minutes. Portion out a cup of it and mix with the ingredients in a small covered container. When you’re ready for lunch, microwave for one minute uncovered and enjoy your delicious meal!
The “recipe” for One Minute Brown Rice Risotto is almost too easy. Just add all the ingredients into the cup of rice and microwaved uncovered for one minute:
- 1 cup Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (half and half would be OK)
- 2-3 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons peas
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Stir all the ingredients together carefully and microwave for one minute.
- If you are taking this on the go, pack the heavy cream, Parmesan, peas and garlic in a small covered container and refrigerate until needed.
- Add in to the cup just before microwaving.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.