Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken with crispy chicken thighs, fresh pineapple chunks, onions and bell pepper takes 15 minutes of prep!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken is a quick and easy meal that you can make on a weeknight that will transport you to the Hawaiian Islands.
The first time I make Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken it was because we were looking for a healthier option to replace Sweet and Sour Chicken, which is one of our favorite takeout meals. As in the past this post is generously sponsored by Foster Farms, who I use exclusively for chicken and have since I was a kid growing up in California. The tangy and sweet sauce with the pineapples, onions and bell peppers is a flavor we weren’t looking to lose, but the deep fried chunks of chicken had to go. Foster Farms is a player in the “New Comfort Food” movement which looks to take recipes out of the box, use local, fresh and high quality products (which by the way are antibiotic free) and change the way you think of comfort food. Gone is the old school Sweet and Sour Chicken takeout and here today is an amazing Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken that helps you keep your time management in check after you get home from work or school.
With just fifteen minutes of prep time in the morning you can come home, put some rice on the stovetop and by the time it is done cooking you’ll have a fantastic home cooked meal with fresh ingredients instead of takeout! Comfort Food is moving in a whole new direction these days. People are interested in knowing more about the quality of the products they’re using and where they’re coming from.
Fruits and vegetables are making their way onto the dinner plates with much more frequency and according to a Foster Farms national survey, more than 80 percent choose healthier recipes and more fruits and veggies in their comfort food meals.
- 4 Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs (bone-in and skin on)
- 2 cups pineapple cut into 1" chunks
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1" chunks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1" chunks
- parsley, for garnish
- Using a skillet or the cast aluminum slow cooker insert, brown your Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs on both sides for 3-5 minutes over high heat then remove them from the slow cooker.
- Add the pineapple and onion to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Carefully add the Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs back into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours
- Add the cornstarch to a tablespoon of water, mix, and add to the slow cooker with the bell peppers and let it cook an additional 30 minutes while you cook some rice to accompany your meal.
- Serve with parsley for a garnish if desired.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken.