Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken is made with just five ingredients in your slow cooker. Sticky, garlicky, sweet fall apart bacon and chicken.
Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken is right in line with all the bacon brown sugar goodness on the blog. It is hard to argue with these magic ingredients working well together. Let’s take a ride down memory lane together!
- Brown Sugar Garlic Pork with Carrots & Potatoes – One of my first recipes and MOST popular to date.
- Slow Cooker Bacon Garlic Pork Loin – Hey I should make this in the slow cooker and the bacon can protect the pork loin from drying out.
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken – Chicken you say? Yes, to all the emails I’d get you can do this with chicken!
- Brown Sugar Garlic Oven Baked Pork Chops – To all the comments on the original one, you can’t use that method with pork chops so I did this one!
- Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken – To all the questions for the bacon pork loin, yes with chicken!
This may shock you because how many ways can this be done? But yes, bacon, chicken, slow cooker goodness. This feels like one of those toys you buy where you can swap out all the clothing pieces individually on the magnet doll.
And yes, salmon version coming in the new year along with a whole chicken, chicken wings and more.
Look I can’t even say I haven’t enjoyed making and eating all the versions. They are DELICIOUS!
Plus they’re so easy its amost funny. I mean this one is six ingredients if you count salt and pepper. I don’t but according to this Facebook video I posted for the chicken tenders people were pretty mad at me for not counting salt and pepper. I called shenanigans and no one thought I was funny, haha.
Some notes about this Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken:
- Make it in the oven: Set it on a sheet pan just like you would in the slow cooker and roast at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes (you may want to use foil).
- Like things spicy? Add in crushed red pepper or a squirt of Sriracha.
- Do you like a deeper, more molasses kind of flavor? Try dark brown sugar.
- Do not add any liquid! I know it can be scary to cook dry in a slow cooker, the chicken will release a lot of liquids.
Tools Used in the making of these Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken:
Slow Cooker: Love this slow cooker and how programmable it is, it has been a workhorse for me… until…
My New Slow Cooker: This recipe was made in this slow cooker. For larger roasts I also brown the meat in the insert and not lose a bunch of the flavor by transferring the meat and leaving the browned bits behind. If you’re thinking of a new slow cooker, consider it if your budget is open.
- 5 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar , packed
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Mix it up then flip the chicken skin side up.
- Wrap each thigh in two slices of bacon.
- Sprinkle on the brown sugar.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
I am fixing to make this recipe. Do i roll the chicken thighs in the salt pepper and garlic before wrapping with bacon?
Yes season first before wrapping 🙂
Chicken falls off the bone, the combination of flavors is amazing. I used chicken thighs with skin and bone-in. Will be using this recipe again and again.
Can this be made into a freezer meal?
Sure but you’d need to thaw before cooking or the timing and liquid will be much different.
I made this recipe last night for my family. It was so delicious. I know it will be something I will be making again. My son who doesn’t like chicken, but loves bacon enjoyed this meal and ate it all.
Is the chicken juicy or dry?
This recipe was absolutely delicious and sooooo
Easy. Thanks so much for sharing this with me.
what is the green stuff on chicken it looks very good, I can guess but I’m not 100% sure!
I just sprinkled a bit of parsley (mainly for presentation). It’s optional.
Amazingly good. Who doesn’t like chicken wrapped in bacon. A marriage made in heavens}
Wow thank you! Happy Holidays!
This smelled amazing while it was cooking! I could not wait to taste this chicken. It did not disappoint. I was expecting a teriyaki flavor, but it was more smoky goodness. It looks, smells, and tastes like a lot of effort, but it was so easy. This will be my new go-to meal.
That’s amazing, Lynn. Thanks for the 5 stars.
These are most delishious and easy to make!
If you do chicken breast how long should you cook them on low
Might need to cut it back by about 30 minutes.
I had 4 skinless, boneless breast…i cooked mine on high 4.5 hours. Turned out fantastic! This recipe is SO easy!!!
This one is a KEEPER for us! We used boneless-stainless thighs (what we had), 8 with extra bacon but everything else. I paired it with boiled potatoes + califoria mixed veg.
Made this earlier this week for a group of girlfriends (while husbands were out doing man things) . . . they absolutely devoured this very simple-to-make chicken dish. And my house smelled so-o-o-o good. Served with roasted whole cauliflower, hasselback potatoes, and green salad. Great, simple meal! Thank you, Sabrina!
You’re welcome! I’m so glad you all enjoyed it.
I made this last night for dinner for the second time. This time I precooked the bacon slightly before wrapping the chicken with it. It was amazing! The first time I made it the bacon wasn’t cooked @ 30 min and I didn’t want the chicken to dry out while the bacon finished cooking! I also added Gouda cheese on top of chicken before wrapping with bacon.
I bought boneless, skinless turkey breasts as I prefer white meat. Will that still work ok with this recipe?
I would recommend the oven version so the meat doesn’t dry out. Here’s the link: https://dinnerthendessert.com/bacon-brown-sugar-chicken/
Made this tonight for dinner and it is delicious! My 2 girls ate it up. I made it on a sheet pan and use boneless chicken thighs (the hubby doesn’t care for bone in). Served with your Stick of Butter Rice (chicken flavored) and steamed broccoli. Will make again with a squirt of Sriracha!
So glad you enjoyed – thank you for coming back and leaving a review. Also, love how you shared that it was a complete meal. Thank you Deborah!
My husband who is not a Chicken lover said this was very good. I say it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aw, so glad he liked it and you loved it 🙂 🙂
Show More Comments