Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken is made with just five ingredients in your slow cooker. Sticky, garlicky, sweet fall apart bacon and chicken.
Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken is right in line with all the bacon brown sugar goodness on the blog. It is hard to argue with these magic ingredients working well together. Let’s take a ride down memory lane together!
- Brown Sugar Garlic Pork with Carrots & Potatoes – One of my first recipes and MOST popular to date.
- Slow Cooker Bacon Garlic Pork Loin – Hey I should make this in the slow cooker and the bacon can protect the pork loin from drying out.
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken – Chicken you say? Yes, to all the emails I’d get you can do this with chicken!
- Brown Sugar Garlic Oven Baked Pork Chops – To all the comments on the original one, you can’t use that method with pork chops so I did this one!
- Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken – To all the questions for the bacon pork loin, yes with chicken!
This may shock you because how many ways can this be done? But yes, bacon, chicken, slow cooker goodness. This feels like one of those toys you buy where you can swap out all the clothing pieces individually on the magnet doll.
And yes, salmon version coming in the new year along with a whole chicken, chicken wings and more.
Look I can’t even say I haven’t enjoyed making and eating all the versions. They are DELICIOUS!
Plus they’re so easy its amost funny. I mean this one is six ingredients if you count salt and pepper. I don’t but according to this Facebook video I posted for the chicken tenders people were pretty mad at me for not counting salt and pepper. I called shenanigans and no one thought I was funny, haha.
Some notes about this Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken:
- Make it in the oven: Set it on a sheet pan just like you would in the slow cooker and roast at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes (you may want to use foil).
- Like things spicy? Add in crushed red pepper or a squirt of Sriracha.
- Do you like a deeper, more molasses kind of flavor? Try dark brown sugar.
- Do not add any liquid! I know it can be scary to cook dry in a slow cooker, the chicken will release a lot of liquids.
Tools Used in the making of these Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken:
Slow Cooker: Love this slow cooker and how programmable it is, it has been a workhorse for me… until…
My New Slow Cooker: This recipe was made in this slow cooker. For larger roasts I also brown the meat in the insert and not lose a bunch of the flavor by transferring the meat and leaving the browned bits behind. If you’re thinking of a new slow cooker, consider it if your budget is open.
- 5 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar , packed
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper and garlic to the slow cooker.
- Mix it up then flip the chicken skin side up.
- Wrap each thigh in two slices of bacon.
- Sprinkle on the brown sugar.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.