Oven Baked Pork Chops covered in brown sugar and garlic on a sheet pan with yukon potatoes. One pan, almost no cleanup and the whole family will love them.
Brown Sugar Garlic Oven Baked Pork Chops are the answer to about 500 emails from you guys asking for pork chop versions of these two recipes: Brown Sugar Garlic Pork with Carrots & Potatoes and Slow Cooker Bacon Garlic Pork Loin.
You guys have LOVED those recipe and have always asked “can I do this recipe with pork chops?” Unfortunately, no, I always said “nope, sorry.”
Today I have an even EASIER version if that is even possible. Sheet Pan Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Chops WITH a side of potatoes like my original recipe. I was going to add carrots too, but with the heat I was a bit worried they’d scorch.
Recipe alert (and actual exact one coming soon!): You had all been asking about baked pork chops with cream of mushroom soup. THIS is the final piece of that recipe served with Cream of Mushroom Soup (Condensed).
How to make Baked Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup:
- In a baking pan, add the chops and roast for half the time.
- Cover with my Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe, finish baking in the oven and serve.
- Even better, you can leave the mushrooms a larger size for a better, more luxurious feeling meal.
But really, I’ve been on this brown sugar garlic kick for a while now. The pork was originally posted in my second month of blogging and just yesterday I had a Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken that we’ve still been dreaming about.
Psst, I also have a Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken you NEED to try, it is fall apart tender, sticky, garlicky and amazing.
How long do you cook pork chops in the oven?
I bake my oven baked pork chops at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 145-150 degrees. I usually turn off the oven and leave the oven door open about 30% to let them rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
How long do you cook bone in pork chops in the oven?
Cooking with meat that is bone-in takes roughly 10-15% more cooking time. This recipe calls for bone-in chops so I’d say if they are boneless you can possibly cook them for 30-32 minutes.
How do you cook pork loin chops in the oven?
Pork Loin chops (like in this recipe) are primarily “white meat” of the pig. Meaning less fat than the darker meat you’d find in shoulder chops or country style ribs. This means you need to keep a close eye to make sure it doesn’t dry out. The “dark meat” chops you can normally find less expensively at the store can handle a longer cooking time or braising.
Looking for more pork recipes?
- Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork
- Honey Apple Pork with Potatoes (One Pan!)
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Pineapple Pork
- Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
Looking for more awesome Brown Sugar Garlic Recipes?
- Brown Sugar Garlic Pork with Carrots & Potatoes
- Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Bacon Brown Sugar Garlic Pork Loin
Tools Used in the making of Brown Sugar Garlic Oven Baked Pork Chops:
Sheet Pan: A classic, inexpensive sheet pan that is high quality and can hold up to high temperatures in the oven. If you’d prefer you could also use…
Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever.
Brown Sugar Garlic Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper divided
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl, coat the potatoes in the oil, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and spread onto half the sheet pan.
- In the same bowl, cover the pork chops with the garlic, brown sugar and the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Add the chops to the sheet pan.
- Cover with the remaining topping.
Cook for 30-35 minutes or until the pork is at 145 degrees or more.
Let rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 4 servings, Amount per serving: 335 calories, Calories: 335g, Carbohydrates: 56g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 10g, Sodium: 467mg, Potassium: 989mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 26g, Vitamin C: 27.1g, Calcium: 98g, Iron: 7.6g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.