Balsamic Chicken Goat Cheese Wraps made with balsamic roasted chicken breasts, arugula, pecans, cranberries and goat cheese and topped with a wonderful balsamic glaze. The perfect lunch on the go.
Balsamic Chicken Goat Cheese Wraps are a great lunch option you’ll love because they taste great and because they’re so easy to make. You’ll love this wrap with a cold, refreshing Raspberry Flavor Iced Tea from Pure Leaf®, who generously sponsored this post.
The balsamic chicken in the wraps gets a quick 15 minute marinade before being browned in a large skillet. The arugula adds a nice peppery bite, while the sweetness of the cranberries and the tangy creaminess of the goat cheese add a depth of flavor. The final two components of the dish are the balsamic glaze which just adds a second layer of balsamic flavor along with chopped pecans.
In this wrap I used plain chopped pecans, but in the past I’ve used slightly sweetened pecans from the store or my Slow Cooker Candied Pecans for a hint of sweetness. I also use these same filling ingredients in salad form and I find that the pecans are a lovely addition for a bit of texture.
The Balsamic Chicken Goat Cheese Wraps pair wonderfully with Pure Leaf® Raspberry Flavor Iced Tea, which complements the berry flavor of the wrap’s cranberries.
In addition to Pure Leaf® Raspberry Flavor Iced Tea, you can also pair the Balsamic Chicken Goat Cheese Wraps with other flavors. If you’re looking for something other than a berry flavor, I would also suggest Pure Leaf® Lemon Flavor Iced Tea, which I also taste tested with this recipe.
It was a toss up between which flavors were the best. There is also a Pure Leaf® Pomegranate Flavor Iced Tea that is delicious. So many flavors to try and enjoy!
Together, they make a perfect on-the-go lunch. You can be sure that Pure Leaf® will have that authentic tea taste because they are brewed from real tea leaves and are never made from powder or concentrate.
For the chicken:
- 3 chicken breasts boneless-skinless
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
For the wraps:
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
- 4 large tortillas
To make the chicken:
- Add the chicken, balsamic vinegar, honey, whole grain mustard, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper to a bowl and mix well. Let sit for ten minutes.
- In a large skillet add the canola oil on medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade (let excess marinade drip off) and add to the skillet, cooking for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Cut the chicken into ¼ inch thick slices
To assemble the wraps:
- To each tortilla add ¼ of the arugula, chicken, cranberries, goat cheese, pecans and balsamic glaze.
- Tuck in the sides of the tortilla and roll like a burrito.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Pure Leaf® Tea.