As the football season progresses and my husband has more football watching get-togethers catered by you know who I have started experimenting with how to use these snacks and make “round-two” recipes with them. This recipe was an almost no brainer for us. You’ve seen my grilled cheese recipes and how off the beaten path I go with using cream cheese instead of a hard cheese. Along the same vein as the Carrot Cake Jam Grilled Cheese I used one of my favorite game day treats, BLT Dip and turned it into the best grilled cheese sandwich you’ve ever had. I mean….c’mon…Look at that creamy cheese center filled with lots and lots of bacon. Check out the buttery crip exterior just begging you to…
- 2 cups BLT Dip
- 12 slices buttermilk bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- Spread ½ a tablespoon of butter onto each slice of bread.
- Spread ⅓ of a cup of the BLT Dip onto 6 slices of bread and top with the remaining slices
- Heat a cast iron griddle or large skillet on medium-high.
- Once the pan is hot (but not smoking hot) add the sandwiches.
- Cook on medium heat (I cook them low and slow but medium works perfectly here too)
- Once the bottom is golden brown, flip carefully and cook the second side 3-5 minutes.
- Wait about 2-3 minutes before biting into the molten deliciousness.