Creamy, tangy and full of bacon, this BLT Dip Grilled Cheese Sandwich will be your new favorite! Made with a crispy buttery buttermilk bread exterior and a melted bacon filling, this is an easy Round Two recipe for BLT Dip!
As the football season progresses and my husband has more football watching get-togethers catered by you know who I have started experimenting with how to use these snacks and make “round-two” recipes with them. This recipe was an almost no brainer for us. You’ve seen my grilled cheese recipes and how off the beaten path I go with using cream cheese instead of a hard cheese. Along the same vein as the Carrot Cake Jam Grilled Cheese I used one of my favorite game day treats, BLT Dip and turned it into the best grilled cheese sandwich you’ve ever had. I mean….c’mon…
BLT Dip Grilled Cheese (Gameday Leftovers Recipe!)
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Course: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Dinner, then Dessert
- 2 cups BLT Dip
- 12 slices buttermilk bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Spread 1/2 a tablespoon of butter onto each slice of bread.
- Spread 1/3 of a cup of the BLT Dip onto 6 slices of bread and top with the remaining slices
- Heat a cast iron griddle or large skillet on medium-high.
- Once the pan is hot (but not smoking hot) add the sandwiches.
- Cook on medium heat (I cook them low and slow but medium works perfectly here too)
Once the bottom is golden brown, flip carefully and cook the second side 3-5 minutes.
Wait about 2-3 minutes before biting into the molten deliciousness.
Yield: 6 , Amount per serving: 469 calories, Calories: 469g, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 15g, Fat: 30g, Saturated Fat: 18g, Cholesterol: 89mg, Sodium: 1584mg, Potassium: 291mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 9g, Vitamin A: 860g, Vitamin C: 0.3g, Calcium: 364g, Iron: 2.1g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.