Creamy, tangy and full of bacon, this BLT Dip Grilled Cheese Sandwich will be your new favorite! Made with a crispy buttery buttermilk bread exterior and a melted bacon filling, this is an easy Round Two recipe for BLT Dip!
As the football season progresses and my husband has more football watching get-togethers catered by you know who I have started experimenting with how to use these snacks and make “round-two” recipes with them. This recipe was an almost no brainer for us. You’ve seen my grilled cheese recipes and how off the beaten path I go with using cream cheese instead of a hard cheese. Along the same vein as the Carrot Cake Jam Grilled Cheese I used one of my favorite game day treats, BLT Dip and turned it into the best grilled cheese sandwich you’ve ever had. I mean….c’mon…Look at that creamy cheese center filled with lots and lots of bacon. Check out the buttery crip exterior just begging you to… Yup, I went there. You wouldn’t blame me if you were here smelling the amazing mix of buttery crisp buttermilk bread, bacon and melted cream cheese and you had that sandwich staring back at you. It is even more enticing because it is SO EASY. I am sure even if you haven’t tried BLT Dip you have at least heard of it! Here is your chance, make a giant double batch of the BLT Dip Bites for your holiday parties, then take the extra (if you have any!) and make this grilled cheese sandwich with it!
- 2 cups BLT Dip
- 12 slices buttermilk bread
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- Spread ½ a tablespoon of butter onto each slice of bread.
- Spread ⅓ of a cup of the BLT Dip onto 6 slices of bread and top with the remaining slices
- Heat a cast iron griddle or large skillet on medium-high.
- Once the pan is hot (but not smoking hot) add the sandwiches.
- Cook on medium heat (I cook them low and slow but medium works perfectly here too)
- Once the bottom is golden brown, flip carefully and cook the second side 3-5 minutes.
- Wait about 2-3 minutes before biting into the molten deliciousness.