Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies
Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies are crispy and chewy with a fudgy center that take just a few minutes to make and taste like they came from a bakery!
Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies are going to be a staple of your Christmas cookie exchange this year if you try this recipe… I promise! They are so easy to make, look SO impressive and taste amazing! Plus when is the last time something was naturally gluten free so you can even serve these to people who aren’t used to getting cookies in the exchanges!
Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies are a bit more fragile than your average cookie because there is no flour in the recipe to help give it structure. What that leaves you with is a cookie that basically is like a meringue crisp topping, filled with delicious melted chocolate chips and the fudgiest center ever.
Plus chewy, yes chewy in that perfect warm cookie sort of way even when they aren’t warm! I’d wax poetic about these cookies even more but I feel like Toby (this clip is hilarious) in the episode of the office where he is listing the reasons why Hooter’s shouldn’t cater the casino party and the list keeps going and going…
Here’s my best Toby for you all: They’re super chocolatey, chewy, fudgy, crispy, EASY, quick, delicious, and will be enjoyed even by those who can’t tolerate gluten. Oh, and no butter! I know when I do Christmas baking I go through POUNDS of butter, so this is a nice departure from that!
Tools used in this Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies recipe:
Silicone Mat: Helps keep your cookies baking evenly with no burned bottoms
Cookie Sheet: High quality and inexpensive, I have a whole stack of these!
Dark Chocolate Chips – My favorite dark chocolate chips, I keep them on hand in volume! More and more stores carry the brand now too, so when mine has a sale I buy 3 or 4 bags of every flavor. (Sometimes I can even get them for LESS than Nestle)
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – This cocoa powder gives an amazing, dark, rich chocolate flavor. I also highly recommend the Trader Joe’s Brand of cocoa powder.
Espresso Powder: Intensifies chocolate flavors in baked goods and easy to store for future projects, I LOVE this espresso powder.
Fleur de Sel: An amazing finishing salt, this will help make the chocolate flavor pop!
Flourless Chocolate Chewy Cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (Not Kosher salt)
- 3 large egg whites , room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but makes a huge difference in the intensity of flavor)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (you can also substitute your favorite kind of chocolate chip)
- Flaky sea salt , optional but a delish finish to the cookies
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- These cookies are quite large, so you want to be sure you either bake in batches or use two pans. Using a silicone mat (this will help keep the bottoms of your cookies from burning) or parchment paper line your baking sheets.
- Sift together into a large bowl the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add in the egg whites, vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
- Stir until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop (1/4 cup measure) add 6 scoops to each baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until the tops are shiny and cracking.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan/silicone mat/parchment paper as they are fragile and can break easily (also due to size).
- If you like the flavor of sea salt and chocolate, sprinkle some Fleur de Sel onto the tops of the cookie dough before baking.
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.