Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp is a one-pan, sweet and savory Chinese takeout dish, ready in 10 minutes. Made with Just 5 common pantry ingredients!
If you’ve got some shrimp on hand, give a quick scan of your pantry, you might have all the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious Honey Garlic Shrimp or Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken.
Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp
Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp is done in just 10 minutes! Plus, other than the shrimp all of your ingredients are probably in your pantry RIGHT NOW.
That’s one of the best parts of shrimp recipes, they’re easy. Since shrimp cooks in less than 5 minutes, I like to keep it simple and create flavors in the sauces. Easy shrimp recipes are a win for us because we save them for days we know we’re going to be busy.
30 minute weeknight meals:
- Shrimp: Shrimp recipes can be ready in as little at 10 minutes, quick Asian recipes are a natural fit for shrimp. Shrimp scampi is another easy option.
- Slow Cooker Recipes: Slow cooker recipes usually take just 15 minutes of prep time and can be made ahead the night before or the morning of the day you want to enjoy them.
- Ground Beef Recipes: Recipes like Ground Mongolian Beef or Korean Ground Beef are a good example of how easy ground beef recipes can be made in under 20 minutes.
- Side Dishes: Rice cookers and steamers make side dishes for these main courses above a breeze.
- Roasted Vegetables: On a high heat, at around 425 degrees, you can roast off most vegetables with little active work and dinner is still on the table in 30 minutes. My favorites are Roasted Root Vegetables.
We love pantry dishes like this. The first time we made this dish we were looking for shrimp recipes online because my husband bought more shrimp than I needed for a recipe. I absolutely hate reheating shrimp so I only cooked what we needed.
You’ll love this recipe so much you might want to make a quick “takeout” meal a couple times a month of this recipe and another favorite takeout copycat, Mongolian Beef. Both recipes and the steamed rice are done in just 30 minutes, less time than it takes a local place to deliver.
Easy Shrimp Recipes:
You may notice in the pictures the tails are still on the shrimp. This is for two reasons. 1: It looks prettier and 2: It’s very satisfying to make this dish then stand around the skillet grabbing shrimp and eating them with your fingers like tapas/appetizers.
If serving with rice or on a plate of food for your family go ahead and remove the tails before cooking.
How to peel and devein shrimp:
- To peel raw shrimp, tear away at the shell above the first segment of the shell (the tail segment).
- Take a paring knife and make a shallow cut along the spine of the shrimp (the back of it).
- Using the paring knife or a fork, gently remove the black strip of intestines.
- To remove tails just squeeze the shrimp out from the bottom of the tail segment.
What to Serve with Honey Garlic Shrimp:
Tools Used in the Making of this Honey Garlic Shrimp:
Honey: The best deal on honey you’re going to find online that you know for sure is real honey, only $4 a pound. Or buy it in the store for even less!
Wok: Great for high heat, quick cooking. This wok is a great addition to your kitchen if you love cooking Chinese food or stir fries in general.
Large Frying Pan: This Cuisinart works well for non cast iron cooking unless, but if you’re going with a stainless steel option, you can use this All Clad.
HOW TO STORE HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP
- Serve: Shrimp can be at room temperature for 2 hours before you’ll need to refrigerate it.
- Store: In an airtight container or plastic bag, Honey Garlic Shrimp will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Place shrimp flat on a freezer safe tray and freeze for 1 hour, then move to an airtight freezer safe bag. The shrimp will keep in the freezer for up to three months, just defrost in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
Easy Honey Garlic Shrimp is a one-pan, sweet and savory Chinese takeout dish, ready in 10 minutes. Made with only 5 common pantry ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound shrimp peeled & deveined (21-25 count)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- sesame seeds optional
- parsley optional
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
Add the canola oil to a cast iron skillet or wok on medium high heat.
Add in the shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
Remove the shrimp, add in the garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the honey and soy sauce, and whisk together.
Cook for 1 minute until reduced and add back in the shrimp to coat before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and sesame seeds if desired.
Yield: 4 Servings, Amount per serving: 248 calories, Calories: 248g, Carbohydrates: 18g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 285mg, Sodium: 1385mg, Potassium: 129mg, Sugar: 17g, Vitamin C: 5.4g, Calcium: 168g, Iron: 2.7g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.