Avocado BLT Pasta Salad will be a hit at your BBQ or picnic!
Avocado BLT Pasta Salad is a quick and easy delicious lunch or light dinner option perfect for the warm weather we’ve all been so excited for. As more clients want lighter, fresher meals, things that they don’t have to turn on the oven for, like pasta salad, are a perfect option for a family picnic, or meals on the patio with a fruity drink.
Want more ways to use avocados?
- Just like in this Avocado BLT Pasta Salad, toss your cubed avocados with lemon or lime juice to prevent browning.
- Making a guacamole or using just half the avocado? Just sprinkle on the lemon or lime juice over the top.
- If your avocados don’t feel quite ripe yet, add them to a brown paper bag with a banana or apple. The fruit emits a totally natural gas that speeds up the ripening process of the avocado.
- Have an avocado ready to go and you need it to wait? Keep it in your fridge, it will slow down the ripening process.
- Testing if the avocado is fresh? Fresh avocados have a bit of give when you apply pressure. If it feels like a baseball, they’re not ripe, if there is no resistance to your slight pressure, the avocado is a bit overripe.
Avocados From Mexico are an easy way to add fresh fun flavors to your Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
- Want chunks of avocados on top of your favorite salads? Make a Spicy Avocado Caesar Salad with an avocado and a bit of hot sauce blended with your favorite Caesar dressing. Add some Cotija cheese, lettuce and croutons tossed with a small pinch of cayenne for a fun play on the classic Caesar dressing.
- Classic Mexican staples like tacos, burritos and nachos are fun with added chunks of Avocados From Mexico or guacamole, but you can also make a delicious avocado quesadilla. Sliced thinly and topped with cheese, the creamy, fresh flavors of the avocados are a natural fit to the cheese inside the quesadilla.
- As a spread on your sandwiches: blend an Avocado From Mexico with some mayonnaise or yogurt with a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lemon or lime juice for a great sandwich spread.
- 1 pound pasta bowties , cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1 large Avocado From Mexico , diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup tomato , diced
- 1 Avocado From Mexico
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- To make the dressing:
- Add the mayonnaise, hot sauce, olive oil, minced garlic, Kosher salt and 2 tablespoons lime juice to a small food processor and blend until smooth.
- To make the salad:
- Add the lime juice to the chunks of Avocados From Mexico, and layer the pasta, bacon, romaine, avocados and tomatoes.
- Add the dressing and gently combine.
Check out Avocados From Mexico to learn more about all the ways you can enjoy avocados all year round! This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Avocados From Mexico.
Oh wow this looks fabulous!! I’m always looking for new takes on classics, and this sounds perfect. My husband would just love it! Thanks!!!
This was easy to make and oh so delicious to eat. Thanks for sharing.
You’re welcome! Thanks for coming back and letting me know how much you liked it!
I hope you saved me some! I’ve become obsessed with avocado out of nowhere.
Oh goodness I love avocados! Adding them to a pasta salad with bacon in it sounds like pure heaven!
I love pasta salads. They are perfect for summer! I am digging the avocado in this one 🙂
So many favorite flavors, what an awesome pasta salad!
My kiddos love avocados! This pasta salad sounds perfect for the summer!
This salad has ALL the good stuff in it! I know this would be a hit at any party – I have some friends who are seriously avocado-obsessed 🙂 Yummed and pinned!
Avocado and pasta is so perfect a salad! I think I could eat this everyday and not get sick of it. Love your use of avocado in this recipe.
Thanks! The avocado adds a great texture to the pasta salad I really enjoy!
What a glorious combination of flavors, this pasta salad sounds fabulous!
Love avocados and avocados on my BLT so of course this is stellar!
Now THIS is a pasta salad! Look at all those goodies.
I love all types of pasta salads and always looking for new versions! This is a great one! Perfect for Cinco!
What a fun and delicious salad to celebrate Cinco de Mayo this week! Love the bacon paired with the avocado-cilantro-lime dressing.
What a great way to use delicious avocados! 🙂 This salad will definitely make my menu soon. Looks amazing!