Hold on to those fleeting memories of summer with these amazing Roasted Garlic Tomatoes made in just 15 minutes and versatile enough to be an appetizer, part of a main course or a fantastic spread on a sandwich! I make them by the tray and store them for use in so many recipes I think I may have lost count. It also helps that they are insanely easy to make and are basically like adult candy. I have been known to sneak ¼ tray… ok fine, ½ a tray of them right out of the oven before I plate them up or use them in recipes.
These tomatoes are such a versatile flavor. The garlic and the oil combined with the tomato juice that bursts out in the oven combine to make a delicious cooking liquid too. When I make this to store, I absolutely save all the liquid from the pan and add it to the mason jar I keep them in. The roasting of the tomatoes intensifies the flavors and makes them super sweet. Try them and I promise you’ll be a convert and you’ll have them in your fridge at all times!
Things you can do with these tomatoes:
- Top them on some crostinis
- Add it into your favorite pasta (I add it to my Alfredo Pasta)
- Add it to Shrimp Scampi
- Add it on top of grilled chicken or steak
- Add it to your favorite sandwiches in place of sliced tomatoes
- Add to risotto or as a topping on your favorite baked pasta
- Blend with olive oil and champagne vinegar for an amazing vinaigrette
or my favorite…
- Add to your favorite salad, mine is Caesar Salad!
Right now the local stores are still having great prices on grape tomatoes. In case you can’t find them easily, a good place to try is Trader Joe’s. They have them year round (I know this because my oldest is completely obsessed with grape tomatoes) and the prices stay pretty constant.
So without further ado, here is the easiest recipe you’ll be glad you pinned (You are pinning this right?)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Toss all the ingredients except the Parmesan cheese into a bowl together. Put onto baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Optional, but I usually top it on a crostini (French Bread slices that are brushed with a little olive oil and toasted) and some Parmesan cheese, because, well…. this!
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss all the ingredients except the Parmesan cheese into a bowl together.
- Put onto baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.