You’re going to have to forgive this short post, this awesome ice cream recipe isn’t going to get the love and affection it deserves because, well,… even though it is pretty darn amazing there are a whole lot of thing happening on the business and cookbook side of this little blog. In the last couple of weeks we have added sidebar advertising as we decided against doing sponsored posts for the moment until we can work with the type of companies who make all the delicious products that we love.
So please, tune in Monday to see the new e-cookbook and *fingers crossed* a slightly more polished blog design!
In the meantime, I can’t leave you without a recipe! And I promise, even though it isn’t getting all the attention today, this recipe is a winner! AND easy!
Mix the heavy cream, milk, vanilla and cake mix until combined.
Whisk until well combined. Put in ice cream maker and make to your machine’s specifications. In the last 30 seconds before you take the ice cream out, pour in the sprinkles so they can mix in.
Freeze for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup 2% milk (This is what we have on hand for our toddler, use any milk you may have, even non-fat)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup white cake mix
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Mix the heavy cream, milk, vanilla and cake mix until combined.
- Put in ice cream maker and make to your machine's specifications.
- In the last 30 seconds before you take the ice cream out, pour in the sprinkles so they can mix in.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
This ice cream was the hit of a deliciously sticky summer play date for our little ones. We had sprinkles, 3 ice creams, lots of wet wipes and very hyper kids enjoying a hot summer day. This flavor was the first to go! Other flavors included Brownie Batter Ice Cream (coming soon to the blog!) and Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Ice Cream.