Ross Geller’s Turkey Moist Maker Sandwich in all its glory. Turkey breast, stuffing, cranberry sauce and the important moist maker layer, this is the sandwich of your dreams.
Yesterday I posted my recipe for Slow Cooker Crispy Turkey Breast (which was brought to you by the non-profit organization, The National Turkey Federation) and today I’m sharing my favorite way use that delicious turkey in a sandwich. I’m dating myself a bit here, but I went through all of high school and college watching Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe and my love, Joey (yes I was one of the 15 people who watched all two seasons of Joey).
Need a refresher in how awesome this sandwich is? Here’s a clip of poor Ross’ meltdown when someone ate his sandwich.
The sandwich is sweet from the cranberry sauce, savory from the turkey, salty from the gravy fresh from the tomato and lettuce and crunchy from the stuffing. This Turkey Moist Maker Sandwich is not just about reliving the glory days of Friends, but it’s also an amazingly well balanced sandwich. Monica definitely knew what she was doing.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups turkey broth (the leftover in the slow cooker works great, in a pinch you can use Chicken Stock)
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- 12 slices Slow Cooker Crispy Turkey Breast
- 12 slices sandwich bread , toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices lettuce
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 cups stuffing
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- Add the butter and flour together in a pan and stir until browned.
- Add in the stock and whisk until combined and thickened, 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (I added ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper).
- To make each sandwich:
- Add 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise to 2 slices of bread.
- Top with two leaves of lettuce.
- Add ½ cup of stuffing on top of the lettuce.
- Add two sliced of tomato on top of the stuffing.
- Dip a slice of bread with no mayo on it into the gravy and put on top of the tomato.
- Add 3 slices of Crispy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast.
- Add ¼ cup cranberry sauce and top with final piece of bread with mayonnaise on it.