10 Make Ahead Breakfast Cakes You’ll Love!
We’re almost to the new year and many of my friends are enjoying a nice long break from Christmas straight through the New Year holiday. While I am not quite so fortunate I am pretending I get to sleep in and enjoy a luxurious cup of coffee instead of my hurried cup I half spill on myself each morning and celebrating this week with breakfast cakes that put cereal and toast to shame and can be made ahead.
Here’s a list of my 10 favorite breakfast cakes from this year on Dinner, then Dessert! I hope you enjoy one or ten of them in the near future 😉
- Ultimate Glazed Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake: This cake is worth dreaming about. If you make it the night before you may not even be able to sleep in anticipation. I mean look at that icing!
- Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake: On that note, lets enjoy a slightly less gluttonous version if you’re already thinking ahead to your resolutions!
- Lemon Cornmeal Cake with Blackberries: Start wishing away your winter blues with this delicious breakfast cake that isn’t too sweet with a hint of lemon and fresh plump blackberries! Make this in my favorite Cast Iron Skillet I won’t stop talking about. Consider it a belated holiday gift to yourself!
- Classic NY Crumb Cake: This is the classic we all know and love and the first thing we look for in the Starbucks bakery case!
- Triple Berry Sour Cream Crumb Cake: Take that NY Crumb Cake a step further with some fresh berries!
- Best Every Banana Crumb Muffins: This is actually a delicious Banana Crumb Cake I bake into muffins. You’ll agree this is the best ever unless your grandma has a version you loved as a kid!
- Armenian Apple Chunk Cake: Speaking of Grandmas, this one is straight from mine’s kitchen and it is a family and client favorite!
- Iced Lemon Almond Milk Pound Cake: Easy to make, dairy free and you’ll almost feel like you’ve started your healthy eating promise early!
- Iced Strawberry Almond Milk Coffee Cake: Lets get a bit festive, add in some strawberries and make it a bit fancy!
- Boxed Cake Mix Hack: I’m almost embarrassed to have even posted this recipe. Note, I said almost because it is so good I had to make the exception. Who doesn’t want a delicious bakery style cake any time of day?
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.