We’re almost to the new year and many of my friends are enjoying a nice long break from Christmas straight through the New Year holiday. While I am not quite so fortunate I am pretending I get to sleep in and enjoy a luxurious cup of coffee instead of my hurried cup I half spill on myself each morning and celebrating this week with breakfast cakes that put cereal and toast to shame and can be made ahead.
Here’s a list of my 10 favorite breakfast cakes from this year on Dinner, then Dessert! I hope you enjoy one or ten of them in the near future 😉
- Ultimate Glazed Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake: This cake is worth dreaming about. If you make it the night before you may not even be able to sleep in anticipation. I mean look at that icing!
- Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake: On that note, lets enjoy a slightly less gluttonous version if you’re already thinking ahead to your resolutions!
- Lemon Cornmeal Cake with Blackberries: Start wishing away your winter blues with this delicious breakfast cake that isn’t too sweet with a hint of lemon and fresh plump blackberries! Make this in my favorite Cast Iron Skillet I won’t stop talking about. Consider it a belated holiday gift to yourself!
- Classic NY Crumb Cake: This is the classic we all know and love and the first thing we look for in the Starbucks bakery case!
- Triple Berry Sour Cream Crumb Cake: Take that NY Crumb Cake a step further with some fresh berries!
- Best Every Banana Crumb Muffins: This is actually a delicious Banana Crumb Cake I bake into muffins. You’ll agree this is the best ever unless your grandma has a version you loved as a kid!
- Armenian Apple Chunk Cake: Speaking of Grandmas, this one is straight from mine’s kitchen and it is a family and client favorite!
- Iced Lemon Almond Milk Pound Cake: Easy to make, dairy free and you’ll almost feel like you’ve started your healthy eating promise early!
- Iced Strawberry Almond Milk Coffee Cake: Lets get a bit festive, add in some strawberries and make it a bit fancy!
- Boxed Cake Mix Hack: I’m almost embarrassed to have even posted this recipe. Note, I said almost because it is so good I had to make the exception. Who doesn’t want a delicious bakery style cake any time of day?