Oreo Popcorn needs only 3 ingredients and just a few minutes to make. It’s guaranteed to make movie night a hit!
Oreo Popcorn combines two of my favorite snacks in just a few minutes and doesn’t cost you a fortune like other fancier popcorn places would charge!
Have you seen the prices on premium popcorns? When I was at the Fancy Food Show in San Fransisco I would venture to say about 5% of all the vendor booths were selling popcorn. When I did a bit of research about their products I was floored! Most of the coated popcorns are incredibly expensive.
So in comes the idea to make it at home. You may have already seen a couple of other popcorn recipes on the site but here are some alternate ideas to Oreo Popcorn if that isn’t the flavor you’re looking for (but just between us… it totally should be, this popcorn is AMAZING).
- Cheddar Popcorn – One of my favorites and I made it for the blog
- Caramel Popcorn – Also on the blog, and mixed with the cheddar popcorn for an awesome Chicago Popcorn mix.
- Peanuts – Add peanuts to the caramel corn idea for a Cracker Jack popcorn copycat.
- Smore’s – Add crushed graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips to the popcorn and toss with white chocolate.
- Peanut Butter – Add in powdered peanut butter to your melted white chocolate and toss.
- Strawberry Creme – Add freeze dried strawberries and melted white chocolate for an awesome sweet and tart combination!
- Candy Mix Ins – Add in your favorite candy whole or chopped up!
- Pretzels – pretzels and white chocolate mixed together with popcorn is an awesome snack
The actual recipe and method for this popcorn really couldn’t be any easier to make. I do suggest eating it fairly quickly as popcorn tends to get stale in no time at all.
- 9 cups popped popcorn
- 20 Oreos , crushed in small and larger pieces
- 12 ounces White Chocolate Chips
Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until fully melted.
Drizzle most of the white chocolate over popped popcorn in a large bowl.
Add in the oreo crumbs and toss together.
Drizzle the remaining white chocolate on top of the popcorn.
Let set then break apart gently.