Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon made with a creamy center and crispy exterior, these are the perfect appetizer for your next Chinese takeout meal.
Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon may seem like a Chinese restaurant favorite but it is actually not the crab (or Krab) wontons you’re used to. In this version there is no seafood, so the flavor is mostly made up of cream cheese and crispy delicious wontons.
The hardest part of the recipe really just lies in making the same shape. If you remember playing the fortune teller paper game as a kid, thats what your hand looks like when making these. You have to fold into the center from the center of each side so you make little wings that you can seal together. While it isn’t necessary or add to the flavor, it is definitely cute and adds to the copycat nature of the recipe. You can also just fold the wonton in half into a triangle and fry them up!
Also I am shooting for the Panda Express E-Cookbook to be released in the next month, so you guys will just be able to download the whole set of recipes instead of having to collect all the links together.
Keeping track of all the Panda Express copycat recipes here on the blog?
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Panda Express Mushroom Chicken
- Panda Express Firecracker Chicken Breast
- Panda Express Chow Mein
- Panda Express Fried Rice
- Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken
- Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken
- Panda Express Beijing Beef
- Panda Express Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken
- Panda Express Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast
- Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon (you’re here!)
- Panda Express Beef and Broccoli
- Panda Express Sweetfire Chicken Breast
You’re also going to want to serve the Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon with some sweet and sour sauce. If you don’t want to have dairy or you have friends coming over who may not tolerate/like cream cheese, you can also cut the wontons into strips and fry them up to dip into some sweet and sour sauce too.
Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 tablespoons scallions , minced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 wonton wrappers
In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, scallions and garlic powder together.
Preheat oil in a heavy bottomed pot, a couple inches high to 350 degrees.
Put 1 tablespoon in a middle of a wonton wrapper and with your finger add water to the edges.
Push the four centers of each side into the middle and press them together.
Once the middle is connected from all four sides connect the little wings coming out from the middle
Let sit while you make all the wontons and when you start to fry, begin with the wontons you made first, they'll be the driest.
You aren't cooking anything to a specific temperature for food safety reasons, so just cook until golden brown