Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon with a creamy center and crispy exterior are the perfect appetizer for your next Chinese takeout meal.
Chinese Food recipes are among the most popular on the site, and for good reason! It’s fun and easy to make your favorite takeout meals at home like Panda Express Orange Chicken, Panda Express Beef and Broccoli,Panda Express Fried Rice.
Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon may seem like a Chinese restaurant favorite, but it is actually not the crab (or Krab) wontons you’re used to. In this version, the flavor is mostly made up of cream cheese and crispy delicious wontons.
The hardest part of making cream cheese wontons really just lies in making the same shape. If you remember playing the fortune teller paper game as a kid, that’s what your hand looks like when making these. You have to fold into the center from the center of each side so you make little wings that you can seal together. While it isn’t necessary or add to the flavor, it is definitely cute and adds to the copycat nature of the recipe. You can also just fold the wonton in half into a triangle and fry them up!
You’re also going to want to serve the Panda Express Cream Cheese Wontons with some Sweet and Sour Sauce. If you don’t want to have dairy, or you have friends coming over who may not tolerate/like cream cheese, you can also cut the wontons into strips and fry them up to dip into some sweet and sour sauce too.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
More Panda Express Copy Cat Recipes
- Panda Express Mushroom Chicken
- Panda Express Firecracker Chicken Breast
- Panda Express Chow Mein
- Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken
- Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken
- Panda Express Beijing Beef
- Panda Express Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken
- Panda Express Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast
- Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Panda Express Sweetfire Chicken Breast
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Prepare the rangoons as described, making sure to spray both the air fryer basket and the rangoons with oil. Then cook in your air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees, checking half way through to rotate and spray more oil if needed.
Simply swap out the cream cheese in this recipe for your favorite dairy free cream cheese and have an allergy friendly version of Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon!
Try mixing in sesame seeds, red chili flakes, lime zest or cilantro with the cream cheese mixture to add more layers of Asian flavor to your Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon.
How to Store Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon
- Serve: Do not leave Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon at room temperature longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Kept in an airtight container, these fried wontons will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in a single layer on a baking sheet at 375 to make crispy again.
- Freeze: Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet, then transfer to an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to 2 months. Reheat from frozen in a single layer at 375.
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 tablespoons scallions , minced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 wonton wrappers
- oil , for frying
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, scallions and garlic powder together.
- Preheat oil in a heavy bottomed pot, a couple inches high to 350 degrees.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper and with your finger add water to the edges.
- Push the four centers of each side into the middle and press them together.
- Once the middle is connected from all four sides connect the little wings coming out from the middle.
- Let sit while you make all the wontons and when you start to fry, begin with the wontons you made first, they’ll be the driest.
- Cook rangoons in the hot oil until golden brown (about 10 minutes total for all wontons.)
Photos used in a previous version of this post.