Panda Express Fried Rice is the most popular copycat takeout recipe! Salty and savory fluffy rice with veggies and eggs mixed in.
Whether you enjoy Chinese Food as a Christmas or holiday tradition, or for any night you’re in the mood, you’ll love making Panda Express Fried Rice for its versatility with any Asian meal.
This recipe benefits from cold already cooked rice. You can use white or brown, though white is more authentic to Panda Express. There are many other additions you can add to a non copycat version of fried rice, but to be authentic to Panda Express (I have spoken with and watched people at the restaurants about the method and ingredients) you should really keep it simple.
It’s best to cook fried rice (and most Asian stir fries) in a wok. This recipe really benefits from the spoon and spatula that come with some wok sets. Alternately, use a metal spatula that can be used as a scraper too along with a spoon.
Years ago there was a change in the recipe Panda Express uses in their fried rice. They had been using eggs but swapped eggs for corn for ingredient cost related reasons. It was a bad move that has luckily been reversed, so this recipe is closer to the authentic Panda Express you’ve known and loved forever. However, if you do enjoy corn in fried rice you can add ¼ cup of corn kernels to the rice instead of the eggs or better yet in addition to them.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
More Panda Express Copycat Recipes
- Panda Express Mushroom Chicken
- Panda Express Firecracker Chicken Breast
- Panda Express Chow Mein
- Panda Express Fried Rice (you’re here!)
- Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken
- Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken
- Panda Express Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken
- Panda Express Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast
- Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon
- Panda Express Beef and Broccoli
- Panda Express Sweetfire Chicken Breast
How to Store Panda Express Fried Rice
- Serve: Do not leave Panda Express Fried Rice at room temperature longer than 2 hours.
- Store: Once cooled, store fried rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Sealed in a freezer bag or airtight container, you can freeze Panda Express Fried Rice for 2-3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator and reheat in a wok or skillet, adding a few drops of sesame oil or soy sauce if needed.
- Put the oil into the wok and heat on high.
- Add in the eggs and stir, cooking and breaking it into smaller pieces until fully cooked.
- Add in the cooled white rice and stir them all together.
- Add in the soy sauce and toss until all the rice is fully coated.
- Add in the carrots and peas and toss again.
- Add in the sesame oil and mix again.
- Serve hot.
Photos used in a previous version of this post.