Asian Tuna Salad Lettuce Cups made with solid white albacore tuna in just minutes have all the flavors of your favorite Asian salad with added protein. Perfect for lunch!
Asian Tuna Salad Lettuce Cups have all the flavors of your favorite Asian salad you get at your favorite restaurants but with so much more lean protein and flavor. With the lettuce cups you can easily pack these for lunch and you won’t have a soggy salad to contend with. This delicious lunch option is made with solid white albacore tuna from Bumble Bee® Seafoods, who generously sponsored this post.
You’ll think this recipe is a total breeze to make because it’s just a few simple ingredients and a simple dressing. Since we are serving them in the lettuce cups we benefit from the fact that there aren’t any ingredients that can go soggy in the meantime. The beautiful colorful sticks are actually watermelon radish pieces which add a nice crunch as well as some fun to the mix.
Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna is perfect for this healthy dish because it is affordable, delicious, and high in protein. (See bumblebee.com for full nutritional facts.) You can see the difference from chunk tuna immediately after opening the can. The chunks of the albacore tuna are much larger than your standard can of tuna and the result is a flakier fish with firm texture and fresh taste which is wild caught.
Adding tuna to your lunch rotation is healthy, quick and an easy low cost way to have a high protein lunch that you can easily use in paleo or gluten-free diets. This recipe is fast and easy and only needs a single bowl to make.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
In addition to being a delicious protein you can also feel good about your ingredient choice because Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore is Non GMO Project Verified.
If you are looking for some alternate ways to serve up these Asian Tuna Salad Lettuce Cups, here are some delicious options:
- If serving family style, you can spoon it over a bowl of chopped butter lettuce.
- Additional toppings can include cucumber, grape tomatoes, sliced water chestnuts and sliced jicama.
- If you want to add a creamier flavor to the dressing you can add in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (this is SO delicious, trust me).
- Chopped almonds, peanuts or cashews can add another layer of texture and flavor.
- If you don’t have fresh garlic or ginger, you can add ⅛ teaspoon of each in powdered form instead.
- You can wrap the filling in rice paper or tortillas for a delicious wrapped option (I would still include butter lettuce in both of those though).
Looking for additional Asian salad recipes on the blog?
- Costco Chinese Style Salad Kit (Copycat)
- Light Crispy Chinese Chicken Salad
- P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Copycat)
- 5 Minute Crunchy Asian Lime-Peanut Slaw
- Healthy Thai Peanut Chicken Zucchini Noodles
Try this recipe for yourself and discover why Only Bumble Bee® Albacore Will Do™. Then leave me a comment below and tell me what you thought of it. You may never go back to tuna salad made with mayonnaise again!
- 10 ounces Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 1 large carrot , finely shredded
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion , chopped
- 1 watermelon radish , julienned
- Butter lettuce for serving
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Add everything except the butter lettuce to a small bowl and mix gently.
- Serve in lettuce cups and garnish with sesame seeds.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bumble Bee® Seafoods.