A fresh, crunchy Asian Lime-Peanut Slaw with fresh cucumbers, carrots and bell peppers. Seasoned with sesame oil, lime juice and peanut butter this dish will make your friends and family think you’re a rockstar in the kitchen!
Another week, another The Chew recipe! Can you tell I am a HUGE fan of the show? If you want to see my previous Chew recipes you can view them here:
- Macadamia Crusted Chicken with Pineapple-Jalapeno Salsa
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
- Chicken Thigh Osso Bucco
- Richest, Cheesiest Mashed Potatoes
I think I need to be an employee of The Chew since I am basically cooking my way through the entire show at this point! And something that is even more amazing is every recipe I have ever tried has been great! Not just, “oh this was okay,” I mean GREAT. I’ve made another half dozen or so recipes I haven’t posted yet. I usually make a dish a couple of times to test out versions of it before it makes it onto this blog.
This Chew recipe is from Clinton Kelly….AGAIN. I honestly think it is pretty funny that two chefs I ADORE (Symon and Batali) and somehow the recipes I can’t wait to make almost always come from Clinton Kelly! His recipes are fun, approachable and full of flavor!
I actually made this recipe to be a side for the Panda Express Chow Mein and some Spicy Cashew Chicken we were set to enjoy with some friends and family. I expected both of those dishes to be eaten before this one. I figured a cold slaw in comparison to two favorites wouldn’t measure up. WRONG. This dish was the first thing to go. In fact I ended up eating a huge portion of this instead of the rest of the food. If you know me you know that I basically want to eat that Spicy Cashew Chicken from The Cheesecake Factory every day for the rest of my life I love it so much. So for me to cast it aside for this dish? Winner, winner chicken….Asian Lime-Peanut Slaw!
One of my favorite things about this bowl of food is the cucumber in the noodles. I’m used to spiralizing carrots and know how wonderful they are. But the cucumbers surprised me because they stole the show! Tender noodles that were long and didn’t break, they took on the dressing and were a fantastic addition to the slaw. Don’t leave them out! I have this Paderno Spiralizer you can grab from Amazon, but I’ve also tried and loved this significantly less expensive one
In a large bowl bowl, whisk together the juice of 3 limes, peanut butter, grated ginger, rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and canola oil.
Season to taste with chili flakes, salt and pepper. Peel the carrots and cucumbers. Using a spiralizer make noodles out of the cucumber, carrots and bell peppers. The bell peppers won’t come out as noodles per se but they will be sliced thinly and that works. Add the prepared cucumbers, red bell peppers, carrots, cilantro, scallions and peanuts to the large bowl with the dressing.
Toss everything well. Garnish with chopped peanuts (use honey roasted if you can, trust me!). Isn’t this slaw a thing of beauty?
- 1 1/2 cups English cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 bunch scallions (thinly sliced on a bias)
- 3 limes
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1/4 cup roasted , honey roasted peanuts (roughly chopped, plus more to garnish)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl bowl, whisk together the juice of 3 limes, peanut butter, grated ginger, rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and canola oil.
- Season to taste with chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Peel the carrots and cucumbers.
- Using a spiralizer make noodles out of the cucumber, carrots and bell peppers.
- The bell peppers won't come out as noodles per se but they will be sliced thinly and that works.
- Add the prepared cucumbers, red bell peppers, carrots, cilantro, scallions and peanuts to the large bowl with the dressing.
- Toss everything well.
- Garnish with peanuts (use honey roasted if you can, trust me!).