Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the Potatoes to a large pot with cold water covering the potatoes by at least 1 inch. Add 1 teaspoon of the Salt and bring to a boil.
Mash together and add in the milk until incorporated and the Potatoes are fluffy and light. Add in ½ teaspoon Salt, or more to taste, and the Pepper and the Nutmeg.
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (cut into pieces, softened)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk (warmed)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the Potatoes to a large pot with cold water covering the potatoes by at least 1 inch.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook, partially covered until very tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- The water out of the pan, keep the potatoes in.
- Mash the potatoes with a potatoes masher.
- Add the butter, cheese, cream cheese and sour cream.
- Mash together and add in the milk until incorporated and the Potatoes are fluffy and light.
- Add in ½ teaspoon Salt, or more to taste, and the Pepper and the Nutmeg.
- Butter an 8x8-inch baking dish or a cast iron skillet.
- Spoon the potatoes in and use a small spatula or fork to create peaks on the surface to aid browning.
- Dot remaining tablespoon of Butter over the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
I’ve made these potatoes twice in the last month and the second time I minced up about 5 cloves of garlic that I sauteed in the butter that gets mashed into the potatoes. Holy garlicky amazingness. YES! Make it once the normal way, make it a second time kicked up with garlic. Then hurry back here and tell me which one you loved more!