Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars that are all natural with homemade vanilla ice cream and strawberry sorbet with all the nostalgia and crumb topping we all grew up with!
Easy Ice Cream Treats are the perfect option as we look for the weather to warm up and these ice cream bars are made with Vanilla Ice Cream and Strawberry Sorbet and they’re rolled in the perfect blend of nostalgic strawberry shortcake coating that will take you back to your childhood!
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
These Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars are made with rich Vanilla Ice Cream sandwiched around Fresh Strawberry Sorbet and rolled in a deliciously nostalgic strawberry crumb topping with a butter crumb made with milk powder and freeze dried strawberries. I promise you’ll feel like you took a trip back into your childhood when you take a bite but you will love that they are made with natural flavors!
If you want a simpler set of flavors that don’t mimic the classic ice cream novelty you could also make my Easy Strawberry Shortcake recipe or Vanilla Pound Cake and fill it with Vanilla Ice Cream and Easy Strawberry Topping or fresh strawberries tossed with sugar.
This version captures all (and I genuinely mean ALL) the nostalgic flavors with none of the food coloring or impossible to pronounce ingredients. With homemade ice cream and homemade sorbet, you’ll be happy to give these to your little ones and if you end up with the middles you won’t feel like you got the short end of the stick!
The ingredients may seem a bit strange but let’s discuss them for a quick second because I promise they’re actually really easy.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
- Milk Powder is dehydrated milk you can buy from your grocery store, I use the whole milk variety.
- Freeze Dried Strawberries are a very popular snack you can buy in any grocery store now, they are not to be confused with dehydrated strawberries though. These are crunchy, not chewy.
- Powdered Sugar
Once these are combined into a crumb and rolled around the frozen disks of vanilla ice cream and strawberry sorbet you will feel like a kid again.
Use this topping on every dessert!
- Dip Marshmallows in white chocolate then in this strawberry shortcake crumb.
- Make white chocolate fudge with this crumb in it and on top.
- Add it to milkshakes.
- Bake it into New York Cheesecake or into Classic Yellow Cake
- A simple slice of Easy Vanilla Cake topped with Easy Whipped Cream or Homemade Cool Whip and this topping.
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars:
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with plastic wrap.
- Remove ice cream and sorbet from the freezer to soften.
- Mix the crumb ingredients in a food processor until small crumbs form.
- Sprinkle a third of the mixture in to the bottom of the pan.
- Spread half the vanilla, then the sorbet then the remaining vanilla ice cream.
- Sprinkle another third of the crumb mixture over the top and freeze until firm before slicing.
- Cut into desired shaped and press the shapes in remaining strawberry crumble and refreeze until you’re ready to enjoy them.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with plastic wrap and remove ice cream and sorbet from the freezer to soften.
- Pulse the flour, milk powder, powdered sugar, cornstarch, freeze dried strawberries, melted butter and salt in a food processor until small crumbs form then sprinkle a third of the mixture in to the bottom of the pan.
- Spread half the vanilla, then the sorbet then the remaining vanilla ice cream and sprinkle a third of the crumb topping on top of the ice cream and freeze until firm.
- Cut into desired shaped and press the shapes in remaining strawberry crumble and refreeze until you're ready to enjoy them.