Baked Bacon Egg and Cheese Hawaiian Sliders are quick to make and so delicious!
These Baked Bacon Egg and Cheese Hawaiian Sliders are a great base recipe for make ahead and bake the morning of breakfasts. We make them with different fillings for both breakfast and lunch options like my Baked Cuban Pork Party Slider and they’re always a hit! You can switch up the fillings and even the bread, here are some other ways of making these breakfast treats that we’ve made before:
- Instead of using Hawaiian bread we use take and bake rolls for a less sweet option and they’re delicious freshly baked and crisp.
- Using sausage instead of bacon, I usually buy ground sausage meat and cook it into thinner sheets so sausage crumbles don’t fall out of the sides of the sandwiches.
- The scrambled eggs we use are cooked in sheets the size of the pan for less mess when eating, but we also use eggs cooked over easy as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- VEGGIES! Sometimes instead of breakfast meat we use fresh spinach or very thinly sliced green bell peppers and onions. Anything you would use in an omelette can go in these sandwiches.
- When it comes to cheese I find shredded is the easiest option for even coverage without going overboard. Sliced cheese can be very thick and these sandwiches are smaller bites so a thick slice of cheese in the middle can be overkill. Another good option would be thinly sliced cheese.
- Add in things to the melted butter you brush on top. I’ve added hot sauce for a nice kick as well. I would caution against adding ketchup to the butter (this was constantly requested so I tried it once), it makes the topping sticky. Now we sometimes add it to the top layer of bread so it gets baked inside.
Once you layer all your ingredients you can cover it with the top layer of the Hawaiian rolls and brush them with melted butter. At this point you can cover the pan and put it in the fridge until the next morning when you are ready to bake them.
- 16 Hawaiian Bread Rolls (This is 1 ⅓ package)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 9 eggs , scrambled
- 1 pound bacon , cooked
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the rolls through the middle to make them into buns (but cut through it in one sheet without pulling them apart).
- Spread the mayonnaise on the bottom layer of the bread and put the bread into an 8x8 metal square pan.
- Layer the eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, and bacon.
- Put the bread on top to close the sandwiches.
- Brush the melted butter over the tops of the sandwiches,
- Bake covered for 10 minutes, take foil off and cook an additional two minutes.
- Cut into 16 small sandwiches.