Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad with an Asian Balsamic Vinaigrette, crunchy wonton sheets, vegetables and macadamia nuts, this recipe is a perfect copycat!
Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad copycat made its way onto the blog because we LOVED ordering it in the restaurant before it was taken off the menu. It is actually my parents’ favorite entree to order and split.
Since it was taken off the menu I’ve wanted to re-make a version of it at home only to find that The Cheesecake Factory had actually released the recipe!
Yes, this recipe has quite a lot of ingredients. BUT, they’re all very easy to bring together and the salad itself is a total showstopper. You can even prepare parts of this recipe ahead of time like the dressing, the wonton crisp, the chicken, or the vegetable prep.
We’ve made this salad before for company and while it looks fussy, it is relatively easy to prepare. It is a whole lot of things thrown into a large bowl, piled high then layered with the wonton crisps. The added height gives it such a dramatic presentation and your guests will love it!
Tips for this Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad:
- When frying the wonton crisps take them out when they’re two shades lighter than you want them to end up. If you take them out at the right color they keep cooking a few seconds and get too dark.
- Mix up the dressing ahead of time. This will not only save time during prep, it will also help the flavors meld together better.
- Use a store-bought rotisserie chicken instead of buying and grilling your own.
- Adding the cut green onions to cold/ice water helps them curl for a beautiful topper.
Tools Used in the making of this Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad:
Balsamic Vinaigrette: Love this one, it is all natural and delicious and naturally lower in calories than most of the other versions at the stores.
Sesame Oil: This is not an ingredient to skip, I know it is just a teaspoon, but there is a TON of flavor in that teaspoon.
Rice Vinegar: This adds a sweet vinegar flavor to the dressing. Substitutions are not good for this ingredient either, but if you have to, the best option would be apple cider vinegar.
Sweet and Sour Sauce: I highly recommend the easy homemade version, but if you are going to buy pre-made I highly suggest this one.
Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Course: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 3 chicken breasts grilled & sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 red bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans blanched, cut into 3? pieces
- 1 fresh mango cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ounce green onions sliced into 1-inch thin strips
- 4 ounces sweet and sour sauce
- 4 ounce macadamia nuts toasted and chopped
- 4 ounce carrots peeled, sliced into 1-inch thin strips
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 8 6-inch egg roll wrappers fried crisp
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Toss the chicken with the five spice powder.
- Place the mixed greens, cucumber slices, chicken, bell peppers, green beans, red onion, and mango, into a large mixing bowl. Season the greens with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the seasoned rice vinegar, your choice of balsamic vinaigrette, seasoned rice vinegar, sesame oil and granulated sugar.
- Drizzle the dressing over bowl with the salad ingredients, and toss together gently.
- Brush a small amount of sweet and sour sauce onto each crispy egg roll wrapper.
- In individual serving bowls, place a layer of dressed salad, top with an egg roll wrapper, and alternate finishing with a layer of salad. Then, top with the remaining garnishes.
Yield: 6 Servings, Amount per serving: 512 calories, Calories: 512g, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 74mg, Sodium: 837mg, Potassium: 889mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 26g, Vitamin A: 4855g, Vitamin C: 90g, Calcium: 83g, Iron: 3g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.Save