Chipotle Corn Salsa is a delicious and fresh corn salad with jalapeno, lime and red onions just like the salsa served up at Chipotle.
This Chipotle Corn Salsa and a fresh pico de gallo salad that I’ve adapted from a Pioneer Woman recipe for Pico Salad are a good counterpoint to all the meat, cheese and rice they usually accompany.
Chipotle Corn Salsa isn’t really a traditional salsa if we’re being honest, there isn’t much liquid in the mix at all and we always serve it as a side dish. You’re certainly welcome of course to serve it as you’d like, but if I wanted it to be a bit more like a traditional salsa I would likely add in some salsa verde to it. I wouldn’t go with a red tomato base to the salsa.
With no added fat, this recipe is a great, healthy option. In fact, one of my favorite meals is a base of this salad, usually a measured cup of it, topped with a heaping cup of the Pico de Gallo Salad on top and sliced marinated skirt steak. Those recipes will come soon 😉
If you’re looking for an authentic Chipotle meal, look no further!
- Barbacoa Beef
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Corn Salsa – You’re already here!
- Salted Lime Tortilla Chips
- Black Beans
- 1 lb supersweet yellow corn
- 2 jalapenos , very finely chopped (de-veined and de-seeded)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Let sit for an hour to let the flavors meld together.