Chipotle Lime Chips and Guacamole (Copycat)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Chipotle Lime Chips and Guacamole with the authentic guac recipe and freshly fried salty lime chips all in 15 minutes!
You’ve had the Chipotle Barbacoa Beef Burrito, now you can enjoy the Chipotle Lime Chips and Guacamole that go with it! Salty Lime Tortilla Chips just like you love at Chipotle served with their authentic guacamole. You’ll never want premade chips or dip again!
These recipes are so easy and simple part of me feels guilty for posting them here. I only did because A: they go with the previous Burrito post! and B: They are so good I ate the whole bowl and had to fry up more for my husband who looked at me as though I had betrayed him when he saw I had eaten them all!
The guacamole is 100% spot on and authentic! The reason for that is it is the ACTUAL recipe released straight from Chipotle. I can tell you with absolute certainty they did not hold anything back. It tastes identical! The chips on the other hand were a last minute addition to the meal and I am so glad I randomly thought to make them. They totally made the burrito feel even more authentic. The lime/salt flavor completely comes through and the creamy guacamole is just divine.
If you are looking to recreate your Chipotle Meal, you can also make my Chipotle Lime Corn Salad. Bright fresh flavors, no added fat and makes a great topping to the Chipotle Lime Chips and Guacamole!
There is a secret third reason I am popping in today for a slightly less intense recipe is that this week we had a birthday celebration in the house which means THIS! We spent hours in there in the last couple of days. I think my husband and I had more fun with it than we legitimately should have as grown adults. We found ourselves playing without the kids too!
Anyway, you guys are here for some chips and guacamole, so let’s get down to business! All … oh I don’t know, ten minutes? I think I was mostly done in about 10 minutes which makes me love this recipe EVEN MORE!
Wet your clean fingers in lime juice and wipe across the tortillas. Let them sit out for five to ten minutes while you make the guacamole. Cut the chips into six even triangles. Heat your oil to 375 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, drop one chip in the oil and if it comes to the surface bubbling the temperature is good. Cook for 20-30 seconds, you aren’t looking for them to brown. Remove with slotted spoon.
That spoon I linked to is in a set of other tools for $10 and I use them pretty much every day. If you have a set like that and one set of good tongs you are good to go for most of your non-knife cooking needs. I actually own five of those tongs because I love them so much and as a chef I cook in volume. So I can’t be rinsing/washing them between foods all day long. Couldn’t recommend those two things any more than that, they are extensions of me in the kitchen.Sprinkle salt over them immediately.
To make the guacamole choose two nice ripe avocados that are dark green on the outside. Cut avocados, remove pit and scoop out and into a bowl. Add two teaspoons of lime juice and salt and mash together until smooth. Add in the cilantro, red onion and jalapeno. Mix well and serve with chips.
Chipotle Lime Chips and Guacamole (Copycat)
- 2 limes , juiced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 15 fresh corn tortillas , cut into six triangles each
- oil , for frying (I used about 2 cups in a small saucepan and it was plenty)
- 2 Hass avocados
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro , chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño , including seeds and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Wet your clean fingers in lime juice and wipe across the tortillas. Let them sit out for five to ten minutes while you make the guacamole.
- Cut the chips into six even triangles.
- Heat your oil to 375 degrees.
- If you don't have a thermometer, drop one chip in the oil and if it comes to the surface bubbling the temperature is good.
- Cook for 20-30 seconds, you aren't looking for them to brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle salt over them immediately.
- To make the guacamole choose two nice ripe avocados that are dark green on the outside.
- Cut avocados, remove pit and scoop out and into a bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of lime juice and salt and mash together until smooth.
- Add in the cilantro, red onion and jalapeno.
- Mix well and serve with chips.
Recipe for Guacamole is straight from Chipotle! Authentic and everything!
This post contains affiliate links.
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.