Coca Cola Chicken Thighs are an easy and hearty weeknight dinner. Tender chicken with a crispy skin baked in a Coca Cola soda and Worcestershire sauce.
COCA COLA CHICKEN THIGHS
If you’re looking for an easy and fun dinner that’s also packed with flavor, then you’ve come to the right place. Making these tangy, crispy chicken thighs is a simple matter of whisking together the sauce, pouring it over the chicken and baking. The whole recipe is done in about 40 minutes, and it’s absolutely mouthwatering.
Who knew soda could make such a delicious dinner? That’s right, all you need to make the sauce for this chicken is Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and some coca cola. It might sound crazy, but soda can actually make a great marinade for meat. We’ve done it before with Dr. Pepper Pot Roast and Root Beer Sloppy Joes. Why not try it out with a classic chicken recipe?
This baked chicken recipe is just as flavorful as fried chicken, but it’s healthier. Using skin-on chicken thighs means you get a nice crisp outside without having to add any breading. All the flavor comes from the chicken and sauce. You’ll be amazed just how tangy, sweet, and savory the chicken can be with just a few simple ingredients.
WHY CHICKEN THIGHS?
Chicken thighs are primarily made up of dark meat. This means that they have a deeper flavor than chicken breasts. The meat is great for baking and does a good job soaking up the flavoring of the sauce around it. The skin on the chicken thighs also crisps up beautifully as it bakes. In the end you’ll have an unbelievably flavorful chicken that’s juicy and tender on the inside, and crispy on the outside.
MORE EASY CHICKEN DINNERS
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER CHICKEN THIGHS
Leftover Coca Cola Chicken Thighs are great to heat up and enjoy just as they are. However, you can also try adding them to a couple other recipes to change things up.
- Tacos: Try shredding the chicken and using it as the base for chicken tacos. After you’ve shredded the chicken, put it in a microwave safe bowl and heat it up. Once the chicken is warm just add it to a taco shell and top it with all your favorite taco fillings.
- Salad: You can also chop the chicken up to top a salad. It’s a more flavorful chicken than your typical grilled chicken salad. Adding some cold Coca Cola Chicken to your favorite fresh greens will make a delicious and easy lunch recipe.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON COCA COLA CHICKEN THIGHS
- Soda: Try experimenting with the flavor by changing the kind of soda you use in the sauce. Dr. Pepper or Root Beer are easy exchanges. You can also use Diet Coke or Coke Zero.
- Add-ins: There are plenty of different spices you can add to the sauce mixture the next time you make this chicken recipe. Try adding some paprika, garlic, onion powder, or cumin.
- Different cuts of chicken: Although this recipe is for bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs you can adjust the cooking time for other cuts of chicken. You can use boneless chicken thighs or even chicken breast in this recipe. Just remember that boneless chicken takes less time to bake than bone-in chicken does, so you’ll have to decrease the oven time.
INSTANT POT COCA COLA CHICKEN THIGHS
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the coke, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Put the chicken thighs in the instant pot and pour the sauce over the top.
- Seal the Instapot and pressure cook for 12 minutes. Change to 10 minutes if you’re using boneless chicken thighs.
- Let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then manually release.
- Remove the thighs from the instant pot and place them on a baking sheet. Broil them in the oven for 3 minutes. This will make it so the skin is still nice and crispy.
Chicken Cooking Safety
To double check your chicken is done cooking you can make sure there’s no more pink meat or use an internal thermometer. According to the USDA, chicken is done cooking when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (73.8 degrees C).
HOW TO STORE COCA COLA CHICKEN THIGHS
- Serve: Don’t leave cooked chicken at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Once the chicken has cooled, store it in an airtight container. The recipe will be good for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: To freeze Coca Cola Chicken, remove the meat from the bones and store it in an airtight container. It can keep well in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- 5 chicken thighs , bone-in and skin on
- 12 ounces Coca Cola soda
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken thighs in baking dish skin side up and season with salt and pepper
- Mix together soda, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce pour it over the chicken thighs.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, basting once while it is cooking.