Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies are perfectly soft and buttery with melty dark chocolate chunks and dried cranberries throughout. Ready in 25 minutes!
CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
This is the ultimate recipe for easy, gooey chocolate chunk cookies, with a little extra flavor and tartness added from the dried cranberries. Enjoy this recipe for Thanksgiving, Christmas or throughout the year. Start a tradition of making a big tray of your favorite holiday cookies like this one, Brown Sugar Cookies and Gingerbread Cookies to enjoy as a family on Christmas Eve.
Cranberries are a classic ingredient around the holidays. Adding some dried cranberries to a classic Chocolate Chunk Cookie is an easy way to make them into a festive dessert. The deep red color of the cranberries also makes the cookies a beautiful addition to any table or party tray.
Serve the cookies up with a mug of Piping Hot Chocolate for the ultimate holiday dessert. There’s nothing quite like enjoying a cup of cocoa with your favorite Christmas cookie on a chilly day. Curl up with a book and have the perfect winter afternoon.
MORE CHOCOLATE CHIP STYLE COOKIES
TIPS FOR MAKING DELICIOUS CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- Prep: Make sure to leave the butter out for a few hours so it softens without putting it in the microwave and melting it. Preheat your oven and line your baking sheet with parchment paper so that the cookies don’t stick to the pan.
- Wet ingredients: Add the butter, brown sugar, and sugar to your stand mixer. Turn on medium speed and continue mixing until well combined and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue whipping together.
- Dry ingredients: Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Once they are combined add the dry ingredients slowly to the stand mixer. Make sure the stand mixer is set to its lowest speed. Mix until just combined without over-mixing.
- Chocolate and cranberries: Fold in the chocolate and the cranberries. To make sure your cookies look bakery ready, set some chocolate chunks, and cranberries to one side. After you’ve rolled the dough into 1″ balls put a few cranberries and chocolate chips on top of each one. This will make sure you can see some on top of the cookie instead of them all sinking in.
- Bake: Make sure to place the cookie dough balls 2 inches apart on the baking sheet so there is room for them to spread while baking. Press the dough down to flatten them slightly, then pop them in the oven. Let them bake for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on them and take them out when the tops begin to become golden. Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before taking them off the baking sheet.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- Chocolate: If you don’t have dark chocolate chunks you can always use chocolate chips. You can also use different kinds of chocolate like milk or white chocolate.
- Fruit: You can use different kinds of dried fruits to change up the taste in these cookies. Try dried cherries, dates, or raisins.
- Nuts: For some extra crunch add in nuts like pecans, pistachios, walnuts, almonds, or cashews.
- Gluten-free: You can use different kinds of flour to make gluten-free cookies. Try almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot flour, or oat flour to make gluten-free-friendly Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
- Flavoring: Try flavor additions like almond extract, peppermint extract or orange zest to experiment with the flavor of the cookies.
MORE HOLIDAY CRANBERRY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- Serve: Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies are good at room temperature for up to 3 days. Keep them in a ziplock bag or another airtight container after they’ve cooled.
- Store: Keep these cookies in the fridge for up to a week.
- Freeze: You can also freeze Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies for up to 2 months. Let them thaw in the fridge then enjoy them cold or reheat them for a few minutes in the oven.
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup dried cranberries , chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and sugar to your stand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt then add to the stand mixer on the lowest speed setting.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks and cranberries.
- Roll into 1" balls and add them 2 inches apart to your baking sheet, pressing them down slightly to flatten them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookie sit for 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.