Easy Cajun Jambalaya Pasta with chicken, sausage and shrimp and all the delicious deep Louisiana flavor in just 30 minutes!
This Easy Cajun Jambalaya Pasta is made with a pre-made cajun spice but I used my own homemade version which I’ve detailed below. Want something with a bit of a kick? Add double the cayenne pepper.
Some tips about this Cajun Jambalaya Pasta:
- Want to make this into a creamy jambalaya pasta? Add a ½ a cup of heavy cream in after your chicken stock.
- You don’t need to use Zatarain’s to make a quick jambalaya and those boxes of dinner kits are not going to have half the flavor of making it yourself. Want a shortcut, buy some cajun seasoning and you’re 75% of the way there already.
- This recipe is based on a recipe from The Cheesecake Factory Cajun Jambalaya Pasta with some alterations made to make it easier and quicker.
So if you’re craving easy jambalaya pasta (also known as pastalaya) you won’t regret this dish, its a breeze to make and if you’re looking to make your own cajun seasoning I’ve listed my blend below:
Homemade cajun seasoning (triple this for the recipe):
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoons dried oregano
¼ teaspoons dried thyme
Looking for more delicious Pasta recipes?
- Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta (Copycat)
- Cheesy Taco Pasta
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Bake
- CPK Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Tequila Fettuccine (CPK Copycat)
Tools Used in the making of this Cajun Jambalaya Pasta:
Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever.
Cajun Seasoning: If you want to grab a jar and skip the homemade blend.
Chef’s Knife: This knife is one of the three most used tools in my kitchen.
Tongs: are great for tossing all the spices with the ingredients and getting them in and out of the pan.
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1? pieces
- 1/2 pound shrimp deveined
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage sliced into 1/2? thick pieces
- 3 tablespoons Cajun spice blend
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion thinly diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound fettucine pasta cooked but not rinsed
- parsley and leftover minced bell peppers for garnish
- In a large bowl add the chicken, shrimp, sausage, cajun spices, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, red onion, garlic, Kosher salt and black pepper in a bowl and toss.
- In a large skillet or a cast iron skillet add the canola oil on high heat.
- In two batches sear off the ingredients until they're cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken stock to the pan with all the cooked ingredients.
- Cook for a minute or two then add in the cooked pasta and using tongs coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and leftover minced bell peppers if desired.