Easy Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies that take just a few minutes to prep and have a deep chocolate flavor with rich dark chocolate chunks.
If you’re a dark chocolate fan, you’ll love these Brownies that pack tons of dark chocolate flavor. They’re a perfect gift for any chocolate lover in your life, along with Dark Chocolate Cupcakes, Dark Chocolate Orange Fudge, and Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brownies.
Easy Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies are five of the most beautiful words in the English language. No melting chocolate in double boilers, no fussy recipes. This batter comes together so quickly you will feel like you barely put in more effort than a box mix.
You know how sometimes you can have different levels of recipes? Like you have a quick version and a more indulgent, complex version? My Fat Witch Bakery’s Chocolate Caramel Brownies are the intense, roll up your sleeves and dirty 4 or 5 bowls brownies, but these are done with one bowl (assuming it is microwave safe to melt the butter) and a whisk. The caramel ones take about 45 minutes to prepare before baking, these take maaaaaaybe 5 minutes?
Don’t worry though, the flavors here are still amazing! The brownies are soft and tender on the inside, crunchy on the outside and with enough chocolate to make anyone happy. You won’t miss the “I’ll just buy a box mix and make them in a hurry” feeling because these brownies take just a few minutes longer to prepare and taste about a hundred times better.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
More Easy Delicious Brownie Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Use freeze dried fruits: Try making them with strawberries, bananas or raspberries. We love the ones from Trader Joe’s.
You can add any kind of nut you enjoy with chocolate, like almonds, walnuts, pecans, or peanuts, Or even better try honey roasted nuts (these are a HUGE hit).
Want to make these brownies in a pan instead? This batter is the perfect size for an 8×8 pan. Bump your cook time up to 25-30 minutes.
How to Store Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies
- Serve: These decadent brownies can stay good at room temperature for up to 2 days. To keep the Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownie recipe from going stale, cover them in plastic wrap or put them in an airtight container.
- Store: You can also store brownies in an airtight container in the fridge. They’ll stay good for up to 3 days. Warm them in the microwave to make the chocolate melty and gooey again!
- Freeze: To freeze these brownies, cut them into squares, and put them in a freezer bag or airtight container with the layers separated by parchment paper. They’ll keep well for up to 3 months.
- 1 stick unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and cocoa powder the bottom and sides of the muffin tin.
- In a large bowl add the melted butter and sugar. Whisk well for a minute or so until sugar is dissolved and the butter mixture has cooled.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt and add to the large wet mixture.
- Whisk until just combined.
- Add in the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop into muffin tin, 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, don’t overbake.
Photos used in a previous version of this post.