Easy Dark Chocolate Chunk Brownies that take just a few minutes to prep and have a deep chocolate flavor with rich dark chocolate chunks.
You know how sometimes you can have different levels of recipes? Like you have a quick version and a more indulgent, complex version? My Fat Witch Bakery Caramel Brownies are the intense, roll up your sleeves and dirty 4 or 5 bowls brownies and these are done with one bowl (assuming it is microwave safe to melt the butter) and a whisk. The caramel ones take about 45 minutes to prepare before baking, these take maaaaaaybe 5 minutes?
Do you guys have high and low effort recipes? Don’t worry though, the flavors here are still amazing! The brownies and soft and tender on the inside, crunchy on the outside and with enough chocolate to make anyone happy. You won’t miss the “I’ll just buy a box mix and make them in a hurry” feeling because these brownies take just a few minutes longer to prepare and taste about a hundred times better.
Looking for some more brownie recipes?
There are so many ways you can add variations to this recipe!
- Mix up the chocolate chips. Add in white chocolate or milk chocolate.
- Mint Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Filled Chocolate Chips
- Freeze Dried Fruits: We’ve made them with strawberries, bananas and raspberries. I love the ones from Trader Joe’s.
- Nuts… even better honey roasted nuts (these were a HUGE hit)
Want to make these brownies in a pan instead? This batter is the perfect size for an 8×8 pan. Bump your cook time up to 25-30 minutes.
- 1 stick unsalted butter , melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and cocoa powder the bottom and sides of the muffin tin.
- In a large bowl add the melted butter and sugar. Whisk well for a minute or so until sugar is dissolved and the butter mixture has cooled.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt and add to the large wet mixture.
- Whisk until just combined.
- Add in the chocolate chunks
- Scoop into muffin tin, 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, don't overbake.