Don’t be fooled by the fact that they only have 6 ingredients, these Crinkly Brownie Cookies are rich, fudgy and totally addicting!
These cookies are a perfect Valentine’s day treat and the best part is they are so completely easy to make! You might notice how similar this recipe is to Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes, and they’re just was chocolaty. If you haven’t checked out that recipe you really need to, it is the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert!
The batter for these cookies will seem super liquidy at first, but by the time they come out of the fridge they will have the consistency of chocolate fudge. Just scoop them with a coffee scoop and roll them into little balls. While the first 6 are cooking, you can put the other balls of batter in the fridge to keep them cool.
When they come out of the oven they will look like little puffs, even more so than the picture below. By the time they cool they will just look like a delicious thick cookie. The real treat you’re in for is how much like a brownie they taste! Fudgy, crackly and chewy all at the same time. The outside is chewy while the middle of the cookie just melts into your mouth.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sprinkles Birthday Cake Cookies
- Award Winning Gingerbread Cookies
- Oatmeal Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin M&M Cookies
Frequently Asked Questions
Try adding chopped walnuts or almonds for a nutty crunch, or semi-sweet, dark, or white chocolate chips to up the chocolate factor.
Add a ½ tsp of vanilla, almond, orange or peppermint extract to give these cookies an extra hit of flavor.
How to Store Crinkly Brownie Cookies
- Serve: These cookies can be left at room temperature while serving.
- Store: Seal in an airtight container and store on the counter for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Place Crinkly Brownie Cookies in a plastic freezer bag with parchment between layers for 1-2 months. Defrost at room temperature before serving.
- 8 oz dark chocolate , chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar , (lightly packed)
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter and chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave a second time until completely melted.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the eggs and sugar.
- Add them to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Add in flour and baking powder, stir until just combined.
- Refrigerate batter for at least 30 minutes, preferably 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop out cookie dough in 2 tablespoon sized balls and place on the cookie sheets, using six cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- When they come out of the oven they will look like little mountains, but when they cool they will deflate.
Photos used in a previous version of this post.