Strawberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are a delicious cookie with the perfect amount of strawberry flavor, ready in under 30 minutes!
If you’re looking for a Cookie Recipe that has a fun twist on traditional Oatmeal Cookies, these Strawberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are chewy and rich, but they’re also a lighter cookie recipe so you won’t feel guilty after having one…or two…okay fine, 3.
STRAWBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES
While the freeze-dried strawberries are a perfect element in these cookies, a great thing about this recipe is that you can also substitute any other freeze dried fruit flavor you may already have at home. While you can sub out the white chocolate in this recipe for a milk or semi-sweet chocolate, those stronger chocolate flavors would probably overwhelm the flavor of the freeze dried fruit.
MORE FAMILY FAVORITE COOKIE RECIPES:
These cookies are a perfect summer dessert but they’re also very welcome at parties or especially at holiday cookie exchanges. The color in these cookies gives them a striking presentation that will impress party guests or other recipients.
How to make PICTURE-PERFECT COOKIES:
If you make the cookies as directed in the recipe, you may find that most of the chocolate chips and strawberry chunks are submerged inside the cookie, resulting in a cookie that, while delicious, doesn’t look quite as striking as you’d hoped. Don’t worry, with a little extra effort, you can fix that!
The trick is to set aside about a third of the chopped strawberries and white chocolate chips and roll the cookie dough balls in them to coat the outside. Make sure to form the dough balls and then refrigerate or freeze for 10-15 minutes to make sure they’ll hold shape while rolling in the additional ingredients.
Using this technique, you’ll make cookies that come out looking so good that seeing them might even be as good an experience as eating them! (This assumes your cookie eating guest is able to pause long enough to look at the cookie before eating it, which may be difficult given their amazing aroma!)
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Tips for making Strawberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Keep the butter out to soften at room temperature for an hour or more before mixing. If you use melted butter, the dough will spread and flatten. On the other hand, if you use butter that’s straight out of the refrigerator and it’s too cold, it won’t cream and form air pockets. Air pockets are key to making light and fluffy cookies.
- Bake the cookies until the edges are set and slightly browned if you want them to be perfectly chewy.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container with a slice of bread to keep the cookies moist for days.
VARIATIONS ON STRAWBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES
- Baking Chips: While semisweet or milk chocolate chips may overwhelm the strawberry flavor in the cookies, you could definitely try a milder flavor of baking chip like caramel or butterscotch.
- Fruit: Swap out the dried strawberries with other dried fruits such as blueberry, banana, raspberry, or even try different combinations.
- Nuts: While there’s already a lot going on in these cookies, you could definitely try adding some crunch to the texture by adding a half cup of chopped peanuts or walnuts.
OTHER OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPES TO TRY:
HOW TO STORE STRAWBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES
- Serve: Keep cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Store: Again in an airtight container or ziplock bag, you can store your cookies in the fridge for up to a week. Microwave a cookie from the fridge for about 15 seconds to get it chewy again.
- Freeze: Freeze your cookie dough or baked cookies for up to 2 months in an airtight container. Freeze cookie dough on a baking sheet for an hour before transferring to a freezer bag.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup freeze dried strawberries , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Place sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer; beat at medium speed until the mixture is lighter in color, about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla and egg; mix until well combined.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries and white chocolate.
- Using a 2 tablespoon measure, put the cookies at least two inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes
Photos from a previous version of this post in 2015:
First time that I have tried this followed everything just adding a small amount of lemon zest. WOWEEE. A BIG FAVORITE WOW! Thank you!
You’re welcome, Jacqueline.
They look amazing can’t wait to try!!?? I just have one question can I put fresh strawberries in them do they have to be freeze dried.
I haven’t tried this recipe with fresh strawberries but I believe it would still work. I hope you enjoy them!
These cookies were phenomenal, so delicious and sweet, we could not get enough of this delicious treat. I can’t wait to make them again.
I’m so glad you enjoyed them, Lily.
My kids loved these cookies! I need to make another batch soon! They are delicious!
Thanks for the 5 stars, Anna.
These were fantastic! The strawberries and white chocolate were absolutely delicious!
Thanks for coming back to let me know how much you enjoyed them.
Ohhh yummy to my tummy, can’t wait to back a batch of these babies for my next ladies get together. How long did you bake the 1/4 cup cookies? I love a jumbo cookie, such a crowd pleaser!
Thanks for the recipe, btw I have been stuck on this site all evening : )
I am so glad you’re enjoying the site!
You’ll want to bake the cookies until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets front to back and from top to bottom of oven halfway through to ensure they’re evenly baked.
I’ve been craving oatmeal cookies lately and these might be made this weekend! Look great!
Not only are they awesome and taste rich and buttery….but they are WAY healthier than my other cookie recipes, haha. Sorry to throw you guys under the bus Oreo and Chocolate Chip!
I’ve never tried strawberries with white chocolate. It sounds amazing!
I have been loving all of these cookie recipes. This one looks especially tasty.
These look wonderful! I’ve never had cookies with strawberries in them, thanks for the recipe!
Anytime, I hope you get to try them, the flavors are awesome!
I think that making these cookies as wedding favors was a great idea. I bet everyone loved them. Thank you for sharing at the #AnythingGoes Link Party.
Not a single one left behind!
Oh my goodness I have never seen anything like this and it looks yummy!!! I could totally use some of those right now… just gotta find someone to make them for me lol
Me too! I need one of me to cook for me sometime!
I love the dried strawberries in the cookies! Such a refreshing cookie for summer
Oh these look so good! I am going to whip some up for a party I have this weekend.
I hope your guests love them!
I get hungry every time I come here. Adding strawberries sounds like a great idea.
Glad my blog has that effect on you!
Those sounds delicious and would be a great substitute for store bought granola bars!
yes! And much healthier!
Wow these cookies look and sound so amazing! I’m going to try this recipe at home!
Wonderful, hope you love them!
What a lovely and different idea! They look delicious so I don’t think there would have been any left behind. Thank you for sharing with us at #AnythingGoes link up
I think I could eat a few of these in no time, too. What a wonderful wedding gift to give your guests.
Thank you! They loved them, it was really wonderful.
I am a fan of oatmeal cookies. These are beyond what I am used to and sound good!
These look amazing. The big strawberry pieces make it look so good. I can’t wait to give them a try!
Thank you! I love how big the strawberry pieces are too!
Those cookies look yummy. I’m allergic to strawberries, is there another fruit I could substitute for it?
yes! Any freeze dried fruit works, blueberries, raspberries, mango, banana! OR, you can add dried cranberries or raisins
Looks good and simple to make.
White chocolate and strawberry is such a perfect combo!
I love freeze dried strawberries…and cookies! These look so good and chewy! Yum – look forward to trying these!
They are! Chewy and the strawberries add an amazing flavor!
I always enjoy a good oatmeal cookie and have added a few different items to mine over the years, but never dried strawberries or white chocolate chips. This sounds ideal for summer!
Yes! A perfect summer cookie!
Oh that looks great. Love the addition of strawberries.
Wow these look incredible! I’ve never tried anything like these before but they look just beyond amazing!
Thank you! How sweet!
This sounds like the most delicious combo for cookies. I wish I had the ingredients so I could make some right away!
The good thing is now that freeze dried fruits are so popular you can get them easily!
Very hearty looking. Fun way to add in fruits to cookies, they come out looking good.
Thanks! I love adding fruit into recipes!
These look really good. What a unique idea for a wedding favor, too.
Thanks for bringing these cookies by! They are so buttery tasting, that I am just shocked there is barely any butter in this recipe. You are such a crafty little devil.
Such a great idea to give a gourmet cookie as a favor! These look delicious and almost healthy……
Yes! That is what I love about them! ALMOST healthy!
What a lovely idea for wedding favors! I certainly wouldn’t leave those cookies on the table.
I’ve used fresh and frozen strawberries, but since my toddlers are now teens, when I think of freeze dried strawberries I think of Special K cereal! Must find some for myself.
These look great.
As a kid I would always pick the strawberries with my parents! It was so much fun!
Those look so yummy! White chocolate is my favorite, and you can’t beat anything with strawberries. I’m SO making these!
Awesome! I hope you love them!
Oh, I just picked strawberries yesterday! Need to make these!
I love picking strawberries! So much fun!
These look so yummy. I love oatmeal cookies and adding strawberries and white chocolate will make them even better.
Thanks! These cookies are one of our favorites!
These are wedding favours I could dig! They sound so scrumptious, and white chocolate is great with fruit!
I know, right? Not a single one was left behind!
Those would be gone in about 15 seconds flat in my house. They sound awesome.