Oreo Chunk Cookie
On Wednesday I posted the recipe for Strawberry White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, one half of the wedding favor cookies we gave our guests on this day, years ago. Today is our wedding anniversary, and I have the best husband a woman could ask for. It feels like a different lifetime, two kids and two moves ago and I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world. I originally had planned to start the series of posts leading up to the reveal of this instagram picture. Yes, that is a dessert burger, and yes, it is AMAZING. But as I was writing the post for the ice cream patty I realized what a wonderful opportunity it would be to feature these wedding cookies this week.
For my husband’s birthday last month I made his favorite cheesecake, and I made these cookies to add into his cheesecake. It was such a late night I didn’t get great photos of the cookies before they had to be crumbled into pieces and baked. I just couldn’t wait to share that recipe, it is one of our favorites. As we were coming up to our anniversary I decided I was going to make these two cookies as part of a special anniversary meal.
In a medium bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the Oreo chunks by hand using a wooden spoon.
Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. Drop cookie dough 1 tablespoon at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Oreo Chunk Cookie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 Oreos , processed to a very fine crumb
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 14 quartered Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Add in the Oreo crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla and eggs until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the oreo chunks by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Drop cookie dough 1 tablespoon at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Don’t forget how awesome these cookies are baked into that Oreo Chunk Cookie Cheesecake! Seriously, best day of my life.
Dinner, then Dessert, Inc. owns the copyright on all images and text and does not allow for its original recipes and pictures to be reproduced anywhere other than at this site unless authorization is given. If you enjoyed the recipe and would like to publish it on your own site, please re-write it in your own words, and link back to my site and recipe page. Read my disclosure and copyright policy. This post may contain affiliate links.