The perfect Oreo Cheesecake with an Oreo Crust, Oreo cream cheese filling with Oreo chunks topped with Oreos.
Rich cheesecakes are a wonderful dessert option perfect for a large crowd and our favorite New York Cheesecake is a crowd favorite topped with Easy Strawberry Topping and this Oreo Cheesecake is begging for my homemade Hot Fudge Sauce.
Ultimate Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
Oreo Cheesecake in its classic perfect form with an Oreo crust, crushed Oreos in the batter and cookie pieces throughout. This is an epic cheesecake that any Oreo cookie fan will LOVE. This isn’t a classic no-bake cheesecake, this is your 4 inch tall super thick and rich New York Style Cheesecake full of Oreo Cookie Crumbs with a delicious Oreo Cookie Crust.
I may as well be wearing a shirt saying All things Oreo (not sponsored).
Many Oreo Cheesecakes you’d find elsewhere stick with an Oreo crust and Oreo cookie crumbs in the filling. We take it to another level by adding the cookie pieces throughout the cheesecake.
Just look at that cross-section of the cheesecake with giant chunks of Oreos. Tell me your inner-child isn’t excited!
If you wanted to make this Cheesecake even more extreme you could also make the base with a brownie layer. Since we have so many ingredients that are so thick (like the cream cheese and sour cream) I highly suggest using an electric mixer like a stand mixer or a hand mixer (along with a very large bowl) to make this cheesecake.
If you love this Oreo Cheesecake and want to check out other easy recipes on the blog we’ve got a good variety!
Water Baths and Cheesecakes:
When baking a cheesecake I highly suggest using a water bath. This cooks the cheesecake much more evenly by placing your springform pan (cheesecake pan) in a larger pan filled with 1″ of water.
Be sure to wrap the bottom of your pan with foil before adding to the water bath to prevent water from leaking into the cheesecake pan.
I also like to line my baking pan with parchment paper in case anything does leak out, it doesn’t bake onto the pan and make a mess.
- Oreo Churros (There are no words for the amazingness of these churros and the Oreo creme filling dip that I made with them)
- Oreo White Chocolate Cookie Pie (the most amazing molten Oreo pie ever!)
- Oreo Popcorn
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Oreo Bars (only five ingredients!)
- Oreo Chunk Cookies (I made these as wedding favors at our wedding and not a single one was left behind!)
- Krispy Kreme Oreo Cake Doughnuts
What to serve with Oreo Cheesecake?
Cheesecake Recipe Do’s and Don’ts:
- Pre-bake the Oreo crust, it helps it stay together better because the melted butter in the crust will spread as you pour in the cheesecake filling if not baked.
- Make sure to add a bit of flour to the cheesecake filling, it helps the batter stay firmer and the end results stay nice and dense.
- When you’re done baking turn off the oven and open it a tiny bit to let the heat escape slowly.
- The filling calls for milk, some cheesecakes use heavy cream. You don’t need to use heavy cream to get a thick traditional New York consistency here because we have sour cream that adds to the thickness and richness of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at LEAST 8 hours, you want it fully chilled to serve.
- Bake in a 9-inch springform pan, any smaller and it will overflow.
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature.
Tools Used in this Recipe:
FoodProcessor: My favorite, even though I own ALL the expensive versions. I use this one 99% of the time.
9″ Springform Pan: I love this one not just because its my favorite color, but also I’ve never had a leak in this pan. EVER.
Stand Mixer: My new love, I just got this mixer about a month ago and I love it because of the pour shield which has saved me from many messes!
Silicone Edge Beater: Make sure you find the size for your particular stand mixer since bowl sizes vary. The thing I love about this is that the edges of the bowl almost never mix in properly with the standard beaters so there is constant scraping of the sides. This eliminates that completely.
- Yield: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Author: Sabrina Snyder
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the 24 Oreos and unsalted butter to a food processor and pulse until they're fine crumbs.
- Press into the bottom of your 9" springform pan.
Bake for 8 minutes, then let cool while you're making your filling.
- In a stand mixer, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add in the Oreo crumbs, milk, then the eggs one at a time until smooth.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth then lightly fold in the quartered Oreos.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust.
Bake for 1 hour then turn off the oven, open the door slightly and let cool gently.
- Once cooled refrigerate until very cold.
You're going to need two packages of Oreos for this cheesecake, no skimping on them here. This is all the Oreo a cheesecake can handle!
This post contains affiliate links.
Yield: 12 servings, Amount per serving: 547 calories, Calories: 547g, Carbohydrates: 49g, Protein: 8g, Fat: 36g, Saturated Fat: 18g, Cholesterol: 121mg, Sodium: 427mg, Potassium: 232mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 34g, Vitamin A: 1053g, Vitamin C: 1g, Calcium: 105g, Iron: 4g
All images and text © for Dinner, then Dessert.