The perfect Oreo Cheesecake with an Oreo Crust, Oreo cream cheese filling with Oreo chunks topped with Oreos.
Rich cheesecakes are a wonderful dessert option perfect for a large crowd and our favorite New York Cheesecake is a crowd favorite topped with Easy Strawberry Topping and this Oreo Cheesecake is begging for my homemade Hot Fudge Sauce.
Ultimate Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
Oreo Cheesecake in its classic perfect form with an Oreo crust, crushed Oreos in the batter and cookie pieces throughout. This is an epic cheesecake that any Oreo cookie fan will LOVE. This isn’t a classic no-bake cheesecake, this is your 4 inch tall super thick and rich New York Style Cheesecake full of Oreo Cookie Crumbs with a delicious Oreo Cookie Crust.
I may as well be wearing a shirt saying All things Oreo (not sponsored).
Many Oreo Cheesecakes you’d find elsewhere stick with an Oreo crust and Oreo cookie crumbs in the filling. We take it to another level by adding the cookie pieces throughout the cheesecake.
Just look at that cross-section of the cheesecake with giant chunks of Oreos. Tell me your inner-child isn’t excited!
If you wanted to make this Cheesecake even more extreme you could also make the base with a brownie layer. Since we have so many ingredients that are so thick (like the cream cheese and sour cream) I highly suggest using an electric mixer like a stand mixer or a hand mixer (along with a very large bowl) to make this cheesecake.
If you love this Oreo Cheesecake and want to check out other easy recipes on the blog we’ve got a good variety!
Water Baths and Cheesecakes:
When baking a cheesecake I highly suggest using a water bath. This cooks the cheesecake much more evenly by placing your springform pan (cheesecake pan) in a larger pan filled with 1″ of water.
Be sure to wrap the bottom of your pan with foil before adding to the water bath to prevent water from leaking into the cheesecake pan.
I also like to line my baking pan with parchment paper in case anything does leak out, it doesn’t bake onto the pan and make a mess.
- Oreo Churros (There are no words for the amazingness of these churros and the Oreo creme filling dip that I made with them)
- Oreo White Chocolate Cookie Pie (the most amazing molten Oreo pie ever!)
- Oreo Popcorn
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Oreo Bars (only five ingredients!)
- Oreo Chunk Cookies (I made these as wedding favors at our wedding and not a single one was left behind!)
- Krispy Kreme Oreo Cake Doughnuts
What to serve with Oreo Cheesecake?
We love to serve Oreo Cheesecake with Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, Cool Whip and top it with Chocolate Ganache, chopped Oreos, mini chocolate chips.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Cheesecake Recipe Do’s and Don’ts:
- Pre-bake the Oreo crust, it helps it stay together better because the melted butter in the crust will spread as you pour in the cheesecake filling if not baked.
- Make sure to add a bit of flour to the cheesecake filling, it helps the batter stay firmer and the end results stay nice and dense.
- When you’re done baking turn off the oven and open it a tiny bit to let the heat escape slowly.
- The filling calls for milk, some cheesecakes use heavy cream. You don’t need to use heavy cream to get a thick traditional New York consistency here because we have sour cream that adds to the thickness and richness of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at LEAST 8 hours, you want it fully chilled to serve.
- Bake in a 9-inch springform pan, any smaller and it will overflow.
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature.
Tools Used in this Recipe:
FoodProcessor: My favorite, even though I own ALL the expensive versions. I use this one 99% of the time.
9″ Springform Pan: I love this one not just because its my favorite color, but also I’ve never had a leak in this pan. EVER.
Stand Mixer: My new love, I just got this mixer about a month ago and I love it because of the pour shield which has saved me from many messes!
Silicone Edge Beater: Make sure you find the size for your particular stand mixer since bowl sizes vary. The thing I love about this is that the edges of the bowl almost never mix in properly with the standard beaters so there is constant scraping of the sides. This eliminates that completely.
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese , (3 packages)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 12 Oreos , processed into crumbs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 10 Oreos , quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the 24 Oreos and unsalted butter to a food processor and pulse until they're fine crumbs.
- Press into the bottom of your 9" springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then let cool while you're making your filling.
- In a stand mixer, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Add in the Oreo crumbs, milk, then the eggs one at a time until smooth.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth then lightly fold in the quartered Oreos.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust.
- Bake for 1 hour then turn off the oven, open the door slightly and let cool gently.
- Once cooled refrigerate until very cold.
My wife loves mint Oreos. I’m think make the crust with them and regular Oreos for the rest so the mint is there but not overpowering. Thoughts…..?
Excellent and dense! I over baked mine a bit & it cracked but was absolutely delicious (we live at 6,200 feet). I added a thin layer of whipped cream to the top followed by dollops of cream. And 1/4 Oreo cookie placed in each dollop. A perfect birthday cake for my 16 year old son.
So happy to hear it was a hit at such a milestone birthday! Thanks for stopping by to let me know!
This came out just perfect! And it’s so creamy and delicious
Thanks for coming back to let me know, Suzy!
Made this as a birthday cake and it was a huge hit!
Yay! So glad they loved it!
This is just so amazing and pure torturous with all that chocolatey oreo flavor!
Haha, love it!
This is the best cheesecake. Obsessed!
Thank you so much!
This oreo cheesecake looks amazing!
I made the Oreo cheesecake today. One thing I’d recommend to others is use ingredients that are all room temperature. My cheesecake had cracks in the top even with a hot water bath and the only thing I can attribute it to is using cold cream cheese and sour cream. Also don’t overmix when adding the eggs. Otherwise the cheesecake is fabulous. Thank you.
I just cooked it and followed the directions to a T and it ocer flowed :\ idk what I did wrong. I’m still excited to try it!
Oh no! I’m not quite sure why it would overflow either. Did you use a 9inch springform pan? I hope you were still able to enjoy it.
This may be my very 1st Kitchenaid baked goodie! We love Oreos & cheesecake!! Thank you for this inviting recipe.
I just have questions:
1) I have the big version of the Kitchenaid stand mixer. Does the size of the mixer enough for one Oreo cheesecake recipe? I mean it will reach the hook/s well? Not short? Unless I double the recipe….
I wished I got the small version but it was a gift. Still, thanking God!
2) Can I use my blender instead of a food processor? I don’t have a food processor (yet). 😉
I’m really not a baker, home cook – yes. Basic knowledge I got from sweet memories of my real baker grandma.
Thank you! Merry Christmas & Happy Baking all the time!! ?
Hi! Love that you’re making cheesecake! When you say you have a big version do you mean the 6qt lift bowl version? If so, yes there will be plenty of batter in the bowl, so go for the recipe as written. For the blender it could definitely work, you may have to fuss with it a bit. Or put the oreos in a ziploc and smash them for a minute or so with a nice heavy bottomed pan and that should do it too 🙂 Hope you enjoy it and Merry Christmas to you too!
I have to admit that cookies & cream ice cream is my favorite flavor, so this cheesecake is RIGHT up my alley. I love the chunks of cookie in there–a little crunch with the creaminess. So good!
Oreos….heck yes! There’s a reason they’re the most popular cookie in the country!
ALL the OREOs! This cheesecake is perfection!
Oh my! How I wish I had a slice of this cheesecake right now! Love it!
Cookies and cream ANYTHING are a favorite of mine, this included.
Oreo anything is always a hit in my house, so it looks like I’ve got a bunch of recipes to try (starting with this amazing cheesecake)!
Oreos are my fav. Going to try this recipe this weekend.
I love your cheesecake tips 🙂 This is going on my “must-try” list!
Seriously stop, you had me at Oreo cheesecake. It looks so good I feel like I’d need a cigarette after having a slice!
This sounds delicious! Oreos are so wonderful.
This sounds and looks great, Sabrina! I love how you let your love for Oreos totally hang out 🙂