I hope you all had a fantastic 4th! We had a fantastic day of food and friends and fun. Both kids passed out cold before the first firework went off, so we made the long trek home before sundown. At least by getting on the road earlier than you would expect it means you get home sooner too! That means I got to sleep in my own bed last night instead of the front passenger seat of our SUV.
You may remember the Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookie Pie from last week. If you just went back to look at that recipe you may need a moment to recover….. we ready? It was a HUGE hit with my friends and family so we ended up making it again for the party yesterday along with this beauty!
Today’s recipe is my favorite between the two. This version is the Oreo Chunk Cookie Pie with White Chocolate Chips. It tasted like a delicious cross between the Oreo chunk cookies I made a month or so ago and a half baked chocolate cookie crumb crust by incorporating Oreo crumbs and chunks in the batter. What you are left with is a delicious half baked Oreo chunk cookie nestled into a buttery crisp pie crust. You could serve this with ice cream or whipped cream, but to be honest, pour a cup of milk and sit down with a warm slice of this pie. You will be in heaven.
Preheat oven to 325° F. Beat the eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy. Add in the flour, Oreo crumbs, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla. Beat in butter until combined.
Stir in the white chocolate chips.
Put mixture into pie shell and even the mixture out in the shell. I usually use Wholly Wholesome organic frozen pie crusts (the product in the link might be more than you need, but it’ll give you info about it.)
Put the quartered Oreos on top of the pie and push them in about halfway.
Bake for 60 minutes. You can insert a knife or toothpick but just be aware melted chocolate will get all over it.
If the top looks browned and crisp after the timer goes off I would say you are good to go.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup butter , softened (1 ½ sticks)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs
- 8 quartered Oreos
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Beat the eggs in large mixer bowl on high speed until foamy.
- Add in the flour, Oreo crumbs, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla.
- Beat in butter until combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Put mixture into pie shell and even the mixture out in the shell.
- Put the quartered Oreos on top of the pie and push them in about halfway.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- You can insert a knife or toothpick but just be aware melted chocolate will get all over it.
- If the top looks browned and crisp after the timer goes off I would say you are good to go.